Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 not showing any app to download

Views : 511

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 29th, 2023, 22:11   #1
gianmini

Default XC90 not showing any app to download

Hi Forum,

Gianluca from Dublin here. I have just purchased an October 2020 Volvo XC90 Recharge from the UK and the Sensus infotainment system is not showing apps to download, even though none is installed. The system does not show software updates either and the last check is dated October 2022. The car does update maps weirdly enough and I tried with all Wi-Fi, Bluetooth internet and integrated SIM card.

Anyone experienced this?

Volvo support suggested a factory reset, which I have performed but it did not fix the issue. I booked at a dealer here in Dublin but the earliest date they have is end of April

Finally, the Volvo Cars app is working well with my Volvo ID and is connected to the car correctly.

Thanks a mil!
gianmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 14:08   #2
piorunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianmini View Post
Hi Forum,

Gianluca from Dublin here. I have just purchased an October 2020 Volvo XC90 Recharge from the UK and the Sensus infotainment system is not showing apps to download, even though none is installed. The system does not show software updates either and the last check is dated October 2022. The car does update maps weirdly enough and I tried with all Wi-Fi, Bluetooth internet and integrated SIM card.

Anyone experienced this?

Volvo support suggested a factory reset, which I have performed but it did not fix the issue. I booked at a dealer here in Dublin but the earliest date they have is end of April

Finally, the Volvo Cars app is working well with my Volvo ID and is connected to the car correctly.

Thanks a mil!
Hi Gianluca,
Very weird one here, indeed. Does the car recognize that it have internet? Can you connect to car's WiFi HotSpot and confirm that car provide its internet to your phone?
That's to establish if you actually have the connection, recognized by the car.
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 14:39   #3
gianmini

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the car has internet. I was able to download maps for example with the car internet.

The situation is the same with Bluetooth internet via phone, internal SIM card and home Wi-Fi.

I scheduled an appointment to a Volvo dealer but they only have a slot in may

Thanks a mil
gianmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 16:43   #4
piorunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianmini View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the car has internet. I was able to download maps for example with the car internet.

The situation is the same with Bluetooth internet via phone, internal SIM card and home Wi-Fi.

I scheduled an appointment to a Volvo dealer but they only have a slot in may

Thanks a mil
Ok, yeah, indeed there must be something with infotainment operating system. There is not much you can do at this point, you said you already tried resetting the system. 😔 Maybe try to reset again, dig all menus, see if there are more reset options. If not, await dealer to fix.