Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

cruise control distance setting

Views : 1855

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 17:58   #11
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwf15 View Post
Thanks Mike.... I dont seem to have said button on the display.....
Just had a speed read through the 2022 V60 brochure and it looks like non of the V60 range have the ACC fitted as standard and not available as a value pack, however it is listed as a stand alone option, Driver Assistance (Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control) £1100. It looks like your car has everything but.
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 18:07   #12
davidwf15

hmmm...that seems strange as it definitely warns when getting too near a white line......is that not pilot assist ??
davidwf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 18:09   #13
MikeGMT
VOC Member

That will be the Lane Keeping Aid, tugs at the wheel and orange icon lights up in the driver display.
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 18:20   #14
davidwf15

ah, yes, thats exactly what happens..... so it doesnt actually steer or brake you back into a straight line, just warns you ??

I have to be honest and say that on my previous car (Mercedes GLB) which did have the active system it was rather a PITA at times, it was far too violent when it detected you were getting close to a white line, cutting engine power and braking the relevant wheel to pull you back to where IT THOUGHT you should be.....not good when edging out slightly to increrase visibility in readiness to overtake for example

It also had the distance controlled cruise with active steering which, again was quite violent when auto braking in traffic, the result of which was that we never used it....although it steered itself (in rather jerky movements) you also had to hold the steering wheel (so whats the point) and occasionally ended up going from side to side like a drunk driver so again we never used it.

Whilst it is not something I will miss, it would have been nice to know it was there

thanks MIKEGMT for noting that

Last edited by davidwf15; Apr 2nd, 2023 at 18:23.
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 18:49   #15
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Thats all it is really, a warning but the car will steer you back into your lane. If you indicate before crossing the white line then it doesn't try to take control.

I'm pretty much in the same camp as you and seldom use many of the driver aid systems, exactly, if you have to keep your hands on the wheel I might as well drive the car.

I've had my car 4 years now and while out and about a few days ago for the first time ever I experienced what would happen in a collision. I was approaching a r/about with a few cars waiting to exit when out of the blue the car suddenly decided it didn't like the way I was approaching so thought it would overrule me by slamming the brakes on and the seat belt grabbed me and pinned me to the seat. Very reassuring in a way if the worst was to ever happen. I'm just glad no-one was tailgating at the time.
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 19:00   #16
davidwf15

yes, quite......good to know but potentially a write-off creator

observation....my dog's blacker than your dog
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 19:07   #17
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
yes, quite......good to know but potentially a write-off creator

observation....my dog's blacker than your dog
HaHa, true, can’t argue with that. 😃
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 21:27   #18
davidwf15

still a bit bemused as to why they would put the distance buttons on the steering wheel if the car doesnt have the facility to use them .....
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 23:16   #19
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
still a bit bemused as to why they would put the distance buttons on the steering wheel if the car doesnt have the facility to use them .....
Suspect that Volvo plan to implement that functionality in the future.
Old Apr 3rd, 2023, 20:13   #20
nu11eaf
Premier Member

The distance buttons are dual function, on my XC90 they work with ACC and Pilot assist but also when neither are in use to warn with red lights at bottom of windscreen when too close to the car in front, you can alter the distance that the warning comes on via the distance buttons on the steering wheel. Longer distance (more bars) when driving faster or fewer bars at slower speeds. It may be that the later function works with cars without ACC/PA.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote