Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

POI uploads for XC60 Sat Nav Y2012

Views : 2241

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:58   #1
Beej Webster

Question POI uploads for XC60 Sat Nav Y2012

hello

new to all this! can anyone help me regarding uploading POI to my sat vav system. Lots of companies have uploadable POI's for their sites but only seem to be for Tom Tom, Garmin or Navman. Can these be used to upload on to built in Navteq system
Beej Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 13:35   #2
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej Webster View Post
hello

new to all this! can anyone help me regarding uploading POI to my sat vav system. Lots of companies have uploadable POI's for their sites but only seem to be for Tom Tom, Garmin or Navman. Can these be used to upload on to built in Navteq system
Yes, there is a nice easy route.
See the below forum thread - read posting No 27 & below - note the current subscription cost has been reduced for a limited time to only £14.99/annum.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...t=79061&page=3
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 14:41   #3
jimbg
Master Member

Simon,

I having been importing the database for a few weeks and then last week it failed.
Not sure what was wrong as I have been using the same stick every week.
I solved it, or at least it worked afterwards, by reformatting the stick.
Have you had any problems or has it worked every time for you?

Cheers
Jim
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 23:19   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Simon,

I having been importing the database for a few weeks and then last week it failed.
Not sure what was wrong as I have been using the same stick every week.
I solved it, or at least it worked afterwards, by reformatting the stick.
Have you had any problems or has it worked every time for you?

Cheers
Jim
Been using the same USB for 3 months now with no-issues. I always delete the old ones on the USB 1st, then having plugged it into the car's USB socket I also delete the old ones on the car 1st as well.
I read recently on the original Speed camera thread some-one was having issues with "long file names" - again, I just use the same "long" file names as on the unzipped downloaded speed camera POI's file.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 09:33   #5
jimbg
Master Member

I have been following the same procedure as yourself, but the only thing I can think of, is when in the process do I remove the iPod that is normally connected.

I am not sure if I have always removed it before or after pressing the ignition button to start the upload process.

I seem to be in a cycle of it working now, including with the long file names, so fingers crossed!!
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote