Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Sat Nav (RTI)

Views : 749

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 00:54   #1
Mikethelaserman

Default C70 Sat Nav (RTI)

Bought a Mio SatNav for my wife a few weeks ago - and now she has changed from a Mini to an 07 plate C70 with DVD based SatNav built in.
The map discs are the original 2007 ones.

The Volvo SatNav map looks awfully clunky compared to the Mio and is lacking features like speed limit warnings.
If I get her the latest maps discs, will the look of the maps be updated and will she get any new features?
Looked at the Volvo navigation site but it wasn't really any help.

(Meanwhile I get to keep the Mio for the V70 I got last week. 2 Volvos for one household in one week - anybody beat that?)
Mikethelaserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 01:09   #2
iantowil

I updated my 2008 C70 to the latest 2011 version and was pretty impressed with the updated look, roads, addresses, full postcode. Only bugbear is you have to leave the DVD in the drive in the glovebox for it to work post update - take the disc out and it won't work. Also if the drive fails to read the disc because of a fault your satnav is useless.

Forgot to add - my satnav has the hard drive but the update is via the dvd drive in the glovebox, so not sure how or if the above applies.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 23:54   #3
Mikethelaserman

Thanks Ian

Once the other teething problems* are sorted, I'll get her the update.

*Intermittent headlight, engine message (it was supposed to have been serviced) and a folding door mirror which does not fold.
It will have to go back to the dealer for the engine message - I expect that I will have to deal with the others
Mikethelaserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 00:25   #4
iantowil

No worries - I know how you feel. Had both warnings in my first year of ownership.

On mine:

Engine system service required was "Oil Level High" from the DPF system - I have the D5.

Bulb failure was the Bi-Xenons failing to light. Interestingly while the light output was low so they needed changing, they did start to light and I didn't get the warning.

On the SatNav - I thought it was well worth the upgrade - got a genuine disc off ebay where someone had a service contract and they didn't seemingly use the disc - it was still sealed. Volvo wanted around £200 for the upgrade - nonsense money really.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote