Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leased Vehicle & Volvo On Call

Views : 7648

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 8th, 2018, 11:26   #11
Berkshirebob

I phoned the supplier dealer (Mill) and they gave me the PIN over the phone. That all you need isn’t it?
Berkshirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 11:46   #12
encroute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshirebob View Post
I phoned the supplier dealer (Mill) and they gave me the PIN over the phone. That all you need isn’t it?
Yup.
Marshalls won't provide without Lex's consent.
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 12:09   #13
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by encroute View Post
Paul, thank you for this - good to hear. Can you message me your contact's details, and I can ask them if they know someone inside Lex.

My supplier is in fact Marshalls in Peterbrough.
They are in a bind, as it's Lex's car and they won't (unsurprisingly) proceed without authorisation.

Lex's policy is Luddite in it's approach - reflected by the Q&As which basically asks (Paraphrased)- "What about a system that doesn't risk Lex", and they say "for the uniformity of all customers and their safety/benefit, we won't allow any of these systems."

I've attached it for those that are interested!
PM sent.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 12:25   #14
encroute

Broker Customer Service is investigating.
I mentioned comments here re functioning VOC on Lex vehicles etc etc.

Fingers crossed. I don't want to have to return it - having waited 5 months!
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 19:21   #15
Chief inspector
Master Member

I’m with Lex, full maintenance, PIN set up over the phone on the day of delivery I wont mention the dealer in case it gets them in hot water with Lex.
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 19:40   #16
pagan8c
Master Member

I leased mine through Volvo and VOC set up by the dealer before leaving the garage on collection. Again not LEX so maybe peculiar to them.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 20:05   #17
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan8c View Post
I leased mine through Volvo and VOC set up by the dealer before leaving the garage on collection. Again not LEX so maybe peculiar to them.
Volvo Car leasing was for years run by Lex with Lex rules. I think it has changed to Santander lately but if your car is over a year old and is from Volvo Car Leasing then it is as good as being from Lex.
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 10:28   #18
XC90Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by encroute View Post
So, it appears my Leasing company (Lex/Lloyds) do not allow "connected services" to be in their vehicles.
Therefore they will not authorise the dealer to provide the PIN to register the Volvo On Call, despite that this is now a free service, a standard feature of the MY19 XC60, and has no liability to Lex.

They quote: We have been liaising with each manufacturer to understand their individual connected technology systems and to advise them that Lex Autolease will not be utilising such systems. Feedback so far has been extremely positive with one manufacturer confirming that almost all leasing companies have adopted the same approach (i.e. opting out of such technology in their vehicles) in order for them to manage their customers’ driver experience in line with their contracted responsibilities.

Furthermore, the use of connected services could result in increased costs and reduced flexibility for both Lex Autolease and our customers. At present, we utilise a mixture of franchise, non-franchise and independent garages to carry out maintenance activities. This provides flexibility for our customers and ensures our maintenance maintenance budgets remain as competitive as possible without compromising on service levels. By enabling connected services which direct customers only to franchised dealers, our maintenance costs would increase due to higher labour rates and this additional cost would have to be passed on to customers, something we are keen to avoid.

For note I have no maintenance/recovery programme with Lex.
And I HAVE to use Volvo dealers for any servicing and maintenance according to my contract!

The VOC was a quoted key requirement, and as a standard feature, was expected to be present.
The broker will have know this wasn't going to be possible, despite his protestations to the contrary now, but ultimately my contract is not with him, but Lex.

4 years this resentment is not a fun thought.
I am seriously thinking about siting a breach of contract / Fit for purpose and returning the car.

Thoughts/Ideas/solutions?
I am in a similar situation & its like having half a car without VOC. My car is on order(XC90) through a leasing broker & funded by Lex auto lease. I have asked this on the forum before and it seems like an easy fix if the dealer is ready to help. https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283000
XC90Newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 11:09   #19
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

HI,

We use Lex (among others), and I have just spoken to their sales support to get clarification on this.

It does sound like they have a blanket response for all manufacturer that no connected car features can be activated. The rationale is apparently do to with Data Protection and the way the car uses the information. They have sent out requests from each manufacturer to request how the information is used, etc, before they change their stance on it.

I'm going to send an email to Volvo UK to get their take on it and how if effects us selling vehicles via Lex and will report back.

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 11:35   #20
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
HI,

We use Lex (among others), and I have just spoken to their sales support to get clarification on this.

It does sound like they have a blanket response for all manufacturer that no connected car features can be activated. The rationale is apparently do to with Data Protection and the way the car uses the information. They have sent out requests from each manufacturer to request how the information is used, etc, before they change their stance on it.

I'm going to send an email to Volvo UK to get their take on it and how if effects us selling vehicles via Lex and will report back.

Kind Regards

Marc
Can I just ask. Before you saw this and then asked Lex, had they communicated with you about it? Or would you have just continued to give out PINs without knowing that Lex didnt want you to?