Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Special offer from MRG Chippenham

Views : 45667

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2010, 14:29   #11
Sanzomat

Sorry for the delay responding - only just came back to this thread to get their number for my 25000 service! The missing turbo bolt resulted in a whistly/whooshy noise under acceleration and what sounded like "pinking" All has been fine since that service and those noises have not come back.
Sanzomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 11:37   #12
bengi

Default Faulty Alarm Siren

Found out what was wrong from other members, contacted Gary at MRG Chippenham and bought the replacement kit from him and then made arrangements for them to fit it. You may think the journey too far but the round trip of 172 miles was very worth while as they were very very competative with their prices and even with the cost of petrol i came out a winner.Top people to deal with and have no hesitation in recomending them.
bengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 17:19   #13
chaoschaos

Always suspicious a newbie posting praise but thought it was worth posting about my experience with Simon and MRG as well.

Had my S60 a week and decided upon a cambelt change. Phoned Simon, booked me in next day, dropped me off at work and picked me up when requested, did a free 25 point check and all for a cracking price.

Having stayed away from main dealers over the recent years on various cars it was a very refreshing experience and I will certainly be using them again.
chaoschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 19:24   #14
froggyted
Master Member

I too would endorse the quality of service provided by MRG. There have been a number of occasions when they've quoted me a price for a job and then charged me less. One example was when i had a rear spoiler retro-fitted on my previous S40 Classic. They do not have a paint shop so franchise the paint work out. They passed on about £100 savings to me compared to their original quote. I drive from Bristol to Chippenham to get my car serviced by MRG because i trust and respect them, commodities which are hard to find in the motor trade.
froggyted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to froggyted For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 10:44   #15
stonehenge

MRG

My XC90 visited for a service on Monday and received a job well done, super price and no issues whatsoever. Very pleased and will certainly use them again for all my work on the Volvo!

Steve
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 20:27   #16
Icon123

Default The best main dealer around

Just wanted to add my feedback on MRG. I've bought 2 cars from them and have been using them for over 5 years now (despite living near another Volvo main dealer) and they have by far been the best dealership I've ever used. From sales (Justin) to service (Simon, Andy and service manager Simon) the service they provide is faultless.

Friendly, cheap and high quality. A combination rarely found nowadays!
Icon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon123 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 13:28   #17
silverback02
Premier Member

Hi all,
Are MRG still doing discounts on parts ? and do they post ?
If so anyone got a contact for them plz.
cheers,
Joe.
RTI CD. SC901 Prem sound sys. Strut Brace
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:33   #18
Doveaboy

You might be interested to know that Simon at MRG this week quoted me a price, including all sorts of discounts allegedly applied, that was £55.27 MORE than the regular price I'd been quoted by City Motors Volvo in Bristol for a 75k big dpf-replacing service. £970.27 versus £915. Ho hum...... Perhaps they're good for parts only
Doveaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 21:43   #19
Paul Fife

Well I have booked my C30 in for a service with MRG, I usually do all my own servicing etc but thought I would see what they are like. Very happy so far with explanation of what will happen and service received.

Used to have a C30, bought a Octavia VRS instead and turned it into a ball of scrap after being driven into. now the proud owner of a number of pins and metal plates.

Now driving a Saab 9-3
Paul Fife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 21:53   #20
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doveaboy View Post
You might be interested to know that Simon at MRG this week quoted me a price, including all sorts of discounts allegedly applied, that was £55.27 MORE than the regular price I'd been quoted by City Motors Volvo in Bristol for a 75k big dpf-replacing service. £970.27 versus £915. Ho hum...... Perhaps they're good for parts only
what are the hourly labour rates for each of those dealers? I would presume the bristol one was lower ...?