Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General

Notices

300/66 Series General Forum for the Volvo 340, 360 and 66 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 66

Views : 5634

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 22:15   #31
purplebargeken
Premier Member

Hi all, sorry for not updating the thread but it has been a bit hectic. I popped over to see the Mushy V and I started cleaning up the lower rustiness. I must say that once all of the old underseal and surface rust were knotted wire wheeled away I was more than impressed by the solidity of the underneath. The actual repairs needed are teensy. I forgot the camera, sorry guys.

For some reason the service bits that I had bought have gone awol (apart from the fuel line). I have now replaced everything else but it was hassle and additional cost that I could have done without.

Next visit will see me remove the petrol tank and give it a good clean inside and out.

Thanks for the heads up about the repeater, you have a PM.

If anyone has a rear exhaust section I would be tres interested.

Cheers

Ken
purplebargeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 00:25   #32
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Very nice!

I'm willing to bet I know a guy who will have another repeater, too.

The '4' in 343 (or 144 or 244, for that matter...) in Volvo's 'old' numbering sequence was originally the number of cylinders, but later came to mean "family" or "utility", while '6' meant "executive". Later it got even more vague, as the 780 was a coupe, and the 400s were hatch, saloon and coupe for 40, 60 and 80 respectively. The last car to be badged with the old three-number system (the 850) returned to sanity - 800 series, with 5 cylinders.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote