Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

30th Anniversary introduction 700 Series.

Views : 17237

Replies : 85

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:56   #21
minesa240x3
loyalty

Well I had a quick look in the forum help and support section and it was a bit quite so I reported your first post and asked very nicely if it could be made a stickey?
Just hope I don't get told off as it's used for reporting spam and advertising whoops.
Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 11:02   #22
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Another thought I had would be a small stand with info and advertising just about the 700 series,A display with brochures pictures and old photoes etc. Regards Brian.
We could do that...I'll look into it, I have a long established Volvo dealer, who may have some 700 material.

I have quite a few brochures, price lists and other material.

Prufrock.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 15:19   #23
Chris Wickers
Director

I am sure everyone is aware, but the deadline for the next issue of 'Driver' is the end of this month.

I will gladly publish an article on the 700 series - please could it be emailed to me with pictures as this is the easiest format, or failing that typed with hard copy photos? My contact details are in the front of the magazine, or please email me.

Just to clarify the situation regarding 700 series articles in the Driver, I have always to the very best of my knowledge published everything I have received, and the same goes for every other model. To date the only item I have ever refused to publish was a letter which was in my opinion completely unreasonable.

Many thanks

Chris

PS I absolutely loved my Dad's 760 which he had for 9 years!

Last edited by Chris Wickers; Apr 7th, 2012 at 15:29.
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris Wickers For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 15:26   #24
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Default 700 Article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wickers View Post
I am sure everyone is aware, but the deadline for the next issue of 'Driver' is the end of this month.

I will gladly publish an article on the 700 series - please could it be emailed to me with pictures as this is the easiest format, or failing that typed with hard copy photos?

Many thanks

Chris

PS I absolutely loved my Dad's 760 which he had for 9 years!
Ok Chris,

I'll write one.

I used to be Chairman of a Register, this is something I used to do monthly.

I'll email it before the month is out.

Regards, Prufrock.

Last edited by Prufrock; Apr 7th, 2012 at 17:51. Reason: typo
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 15:50   #25
Chris Wickers
Director

Excellent - look forward to receiving it.

Kind regards

Chris

PS There are another 4 mags this year, so if anyone else would like to contribute then that too would be great!
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 15:55   #26
baggy798
🤍💙💗

Any of you guys seen this video?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by baggy798; Apr 7th, 2012 at 15:59.
baggy798 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to baggy798 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 19:06   #27
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Well I had a quick look in the forum help and support section and it was a bit quite so I reported your first post and asked very nicely if it could be made a stickey?
Just hope I don't get told off as it's used for reporting spam and advertising whoops.
Regards Brian.
Done
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 13:33   #28
Chris_C
Gopher

Quote:
Won't be told off mate, we prefer it that you do report things that way as it means everyone gets to see it quicker!

As for 700 stuff at the BKV, go for it. We are doing some 300 related stands this year (I say we, Mac is sending weekly death threats to all of us to do something!) The more involvement different people put into the national the bigger and better it will be.
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_C For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 23:00   #29
nigel335
Director/ Register Keeper

Default 30 anniversary of 700 series

I respond on behalf of the Board regarding the issue of the 700/900 series.
The board realises that this year sees the 30th anniversary of the 700 series it is also the 50th anniversary of the 221 Amazon Estate and the Club itself. There will continue to be anniversaries of some kind every year and it would be difficult to give special celebrations to them all at the National Rally.

With that in mind the 700 series and the 900 series will remain in the same class for the National Rally and the Southern Rally, However I see no reason why at both these events 700’s cannot line up separately from each other but within the same area, with one model in front of the other. They will however be judged together.
The board would implore as many VOC members as possible attend the National Rally with what ever model they own

You will also see from the Chairman’s Chat in the April Driver that we will, dependant on the space available, be looking for a 700 model to display at the NEC 2012

Regarding the issue of having a different Register keeper for both models the board have discussed the classification of Volvo models within the club a number of times in recent years. It as always been decided that some models are closely interlinked with each other, 700 series and 900’s being a good example in that they share so many features especially engines and transmissions, a 900 is an updated 700 with a slightly more rounded body style and that one Register Keeper is perfectly reasonable.

Nigel Ayling
Register keeper Liaison
nigel335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 02:32   #30
minesa240x3
loyalty

I respond on behalf of myself.
Could I please ask if it would be possible for 700 series non members to park alongside the paid up voc members as a one off as invited guests?

As this has never been allowed in the past I imagine the answer will be no!

I'm sure they could park in the carpark with all the other cars that are iether non volvo or non members cars or not able to fit into a categorie for show.For two years I did.And one of those years I was a member.Go figure.

I would like to know because if they aren't allowed then I might as well turn up in one of my other cars, so far I think about four cars will turn up.That would be including me so three.Thier are non members who are keen to turn up but can't see that happening if they can't participate fully in the show.
Maybe they could just sneak in and park amongst the 900 series cars as they are basically the same.
Hopefully we could encourage them to pay to join after enjoying the event and seeing what a truly nice group of people we are who truly appreciate anyone with a passion for owning and running a volvo.
Only problem with that is they can't actually join on the day as I pointed out at this years AGM we only accept electronic payment or cheque or postal order with an online form.If you can find it?it is somewhere on here you just have to go and look for it.peekaboo.

I look forward to hearing a reply as I would like to tell the non members
(1)I expected far to much.
(2)We welcome you with open arms!
Regards Brian.
VOC MEMBER 21887,member since 2006.
Keen volvo owner.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Apr 11th, 2012 at 02:38.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post: