Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Catalytic converter V90

Views : 893

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2018, 10:17   #1
derek vivian

Default Catalytic converter V90

Has anyone else had problems with finding the correct Catalyser for the 1997 V90? I thought I'd found one on line, bought it, but now the garage is having to cut and extend the pipe because it won't reach the middle silencer. Not only that, but it is about 1 to 1.5 inches lower so the middle silencer might have to be lowered somehow. Yet I have double/treble checked the Catalytic Coverter was the correct one listed for my car (V90 2.9). I'd be interested if there are any thoughts on this that might help get me car back with me!?
derek vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 17:12   #2
derek vivian

Default Catalytic Converter V90

I am replying to my own query because I have now received back my car with the old catalyser put back on it as the one purchased from Autosessive is clearly not the correct one for the V90 so I now have to claim refund and something towards the garage bill of £236 it cost me to discover I was sold the wrong one! So I am now searching for a Volvo original design/size etc Catalytic Conver for my V90 1997 model. Any ideas from where I can get one please?
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:25   #3
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I have a used one removed from a car with no running faults.

If you want new then I would either go Genuine Volvo or stick in a race cat. Non of the aftermarket stuff works as well as original cats from my experiance
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 15:40   #4
derek vivian

Thanks for the info Classicswede. Others have said go for a genuine Volvo Cat, but from where? So far my searches have not uncovered anyone selling a 'Genuine Volvo' exhaust so if you know one please advise. I have not so far considered a 'race Cat', but would be grateful for any info on the suitability of such a Cat. Regards
Old Dec 15th, 2018, 16:59   #5
derek vivian

Having had a good look round on line I have discovered a Mefex Catalytic Converter with twin pipes from a German supplier. The price is more that I have seen in uk at £369 delivered free, but I get the impression it would fit properly. Does anyone know of this brand etc? I won't need to buy until next month so no hurry! Thanks guys.
Old Dec 15th, 2018, 23:32   #6
Dirty Rooster
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek vivian View Post
... so I now have to claim refund and something towards the garage bill of £236 it cost me to discover I was sold the wrong one!
Blimey!
I feel sorry for your situation.
I have no constructive advice, sorry.
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 04:18   #7
jack taylor
Master Member

Hi, Have you tried Skandix, there stuff is very good.
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 19:53   #8
derek vivian

I had a look at Skandix but they didn't seem to be able to offer a Cat exactly
fitting for my V90.
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 11:52   #9
derek vivian

Well, my saga continues and I have been getting conflicting advice (not from Forum!) to the extent tat I shall now leave well alone until the Lambda light comes on again. It is off at present so may be things will be OK for a while. Mind you this is exactly what happened in September 2017 when the BM catalytic converter model BM 90426 was installed and that now will stay there for now. I was concerned that BM quoted this model for the (^) 2.5 model and I have challenged them about this, but they are adamant it is OK for my V90 2.9 so what can I say!? iF the light comes on again I'll then have another go, but meanwhile if anyone knows from where I can get a genuine Volvo twin pipes plus catalytic converter please let me know. Happy festivities
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 12:49   #10
derek vivian

Hi classicswede. I sent you an email via your web site asking for price delivered for the used cat if you still have it. Did you get the email? Anyway either reply to my email or pm me here. Thanks. Derek Vivian