Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Midlands Christmas Meet, Sun 13th December

Views : 4551

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you coming?
Hell yea, can't wait! 7 58.33%
Nah, Sundays are sleep days 0 0%
I'll say yes, but then I won't show up, Birmingham stylee 2 16.67%
I'd like to, but can't (please state excuse in the thread) 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 12th, 2009, 19:29   #21
saturnuranus
VOC Member

Lightbulb

I'm going to be at Star City for about midday. I suggest we park to the right of the main entrance road in the overflow car park.

Click HERE for the full map. See you chaps tomorrow!
saturnuranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 19:59   #22
mikealder
VOC Member

Anyone using a Sat Nav than can Navigate to Lat/ Long such as the TomTom range can enter the following:

N52,50414
W1,85511

See you around 12:00 then - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 12:38   #23
s.hammond
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnuranus View Post
I'm going to be at Star City for about midday. I suggest we park to the right of the main entrance road in the overflow car park.

Click HERE for the full map. See you chaps tomorrow!
sorry i can't make it today...............i'm packing in readiness for my house move. but when i'm settled i promise to make the next one! happy christmas.

simon.
00 Peugeot 306 1.4i LX
s.hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 17:33   #24
mikealder
VOC Member

Shame only four turned up but was nice to put some faces to people and have a chance to talk Volvo's for an hour or two, I will add a couple of pictures once I get back to the PC - Mike
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 19:46   #25
s.hammond
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealder View Post
Shame only four turned up but was nice to put some faces to people and have a chance to talk Volvo's for an hour or two, I will add a couple of pictures once I get back to the PC - Mike
oh no! such a shame, when i'm settled in my new house i'll be coming to the brum meets.........i want to start getting to meets next year and try and get our southwest section going.

is the next one likely to be at star city? as i think that's a great venue!

simon.
00 Peugeot 306 1.4i LX
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 22:32   #26
saturnuranus
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.hammond View Post
oh no! such a shame, when i'm settled in my new house i'll be coming to the brum meets.........i want to start getting to meets next year and try and get our southwest section going.

is the next one likely to be at star city? as i think that's a great venue!

simon.
It is a decent venue if there's enough of you to make a day of it and use the sites facilities, but for 4 cars (5 people) you look a little lost mingling in such a huge carpark. Today's meet would've been better off at a pub somewhere, such as Bassetts Pole. It's well known for its car meets.

To be honest though considering that today I was the only attendee that lives within 50 miles (at least 50, probably more) of Star City, how good a venue is it in other members eyes? Perhaps I'm the one that should be travelling out of miserable old Brum instead of dragging people in!
saturnuranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 23:04   #27
s.hammond
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnuranus View Post
It is a decent venue if there's enough of you to make a day of it and use the sites facilities, but for 4 cars (5 people) you look a little lost mingling in such a huge carpark. Today's meet would've been better off at a pub somewhere, such as Bassetts Pole. It's well known for its car meets.

To be honest though considering that today I was the only attendee that lives within 50 miles (at least 50, probably more) of Star City, how good a venue is it in other members eyes? Perhaps I'm the one that should be travelling out of miserable old Brum instead of dragging people in!

don't be too hard on yourself it's not your fault again the southwest is suffering the same only handful turned up. trouble is our regions are just too big really......i don't know what the answer is these issues?!

what about a meet up at gaydon? that's probably been done to death though!

i look forward to what you organise next.

simon.
00 Peugeot 306 1.4i LX
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 23:07   #28
mikealder
VOC Member

Number plates blocked out as I never asked if the owners were happy for them to be included in the pictures (the V70 is mine so I didn't wipe it)

Left to right, a very tidy C70, an 850 showing the signs of Winter road grime and my V70 in a rather grubby condition

Another C70 which is the lowest I have seen one in terms of suspension and wheel size - a very tidy example

All four cars were far from standard with slight alterations here and there, always worth looking at what others have done to their pride and joy.

Sorry for the naf picture quality but what do you expect using an iPhone! - Next time I must remember to take the SLR and get better pictures - Mike
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikealder For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 23:12   #29
s.hammond
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealder View Post
Number plates blocked out as I never asked if the owners were happy for them to be included in the pictures (the V70 is mine so I didn't wipe it)

Left to right, a very tidy C70, an 850 showing the signs of Winter road grime and my V70 in a rather grubby condition

Another C70 which is the lowest I have seen one in terms of suspension and wheel size - a very tidy example

All four cars were far from standard with slight alterations here and there, always worth looking at what others have done to their pride and joy.

Sorry for the naf picture quality but what do you expect using an iPhone! - Next time I must remember to take the SLR and get better pictures - Mike
i'm sure i've seen that c70 before? that's another one on my volvo wish list!!
00 Peugeot 306 1.4i LX
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 23:18   #30
pgm
Master Member

Nothing wrong with the venue the only reason I didn't make it was because of our christmas last night sorry

Paul

Tags
birmingham meet, midlands meet, west midlands meet