Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bertha ( 1988 240 glt) Up for sale

Views : 1327

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2009, 18:04   #1
brens-s80
VOC Member

Unhappy Bertha ( 1988 240 glt) Up for sale

hi all,

sadly the time has come to sell my beloved 1988 240 glt (bertha ) . An activity log can be found at the following linky of what has happened to her in 2008 .

As many of you my know she has wanted for nothing and has been adapted in subtle ways ( chassis braces, strut braces ( upper and lower ), Alfa156 leather seats have been installed along with additional gauges ( volts, oil pressure and oil Temp) in lower radio position. rear torque and panhard arms have also been poly bushed.

She also has a manual sunroof and electric windows all round and central locking

She passed the Irish NCT ( National car test ) and is valid until 2010

She is sold with the following spares

. Original front leather seats ( should you want to re-install them )

. new radiator

. rear TAB Bushes ( poly's)

. a whole collection of various accumulated spares eg: rear light clusters, wiper motors, various internal switches and fittings,

. spare seat belts ( rear i think )

. original rear and front springs ( as the car is lowered 40mm by sports springs)

. set of adjustable rear torque and panhard arms ( from ipdusa )

. fantastic JVC head unit with a pair of 6x9's on the rear shelf as well as uprated front door speakers.

. Parrot bluetooth hands free kit fitted and working

she is exceptionally well maintained ( or as my wife says adored !!!) and has never wanted for anything.

I understand that i'am on the other side of the pond so i would be willing to meet and collect anyone from Dublin Airport.

it has 167k on the clock and has had its engine oil changed every 6000 miles and oil and filter every 12000k. gearbox oil and re diff oils have also been changed.

I'am asking for £1150 ono for the entire package as as anyone who has seen her will atest to the fact that its great value for money

regards

brendan
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 23:02   #2
pete-d
pete-d

Anyone know complex the issue of registering for the mainland is?

Cheers

Pete

C30 T5 SE Lux 2007
S80 2.5T SE Lux 2009
S60 D4 R Design 2013
pete-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 23:06   #3
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

If its the same as NI (which i imagine it is) you take the Irish reg doc with you, MOT the car on the mainland, insure it, and go with a V55 and 2 proof's of ID to your DVLA and register the car, think its £25.

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 18:50   #4
brens-s80
VOC Member

Unhappy sold

hi all,

Bertha is provisionally sold ( deposit taken) . very very sad to see her go but she's going to another good home

brendan
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 06:14   #5
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

I never noticed this topic until now Brendan... sad news!

If I was at home and had the money I'd have this one snapped up in no time - always admired it ever since I first laid eyes back at the Mullingar meet a few years ago!!

Not that it matters much to me but it'll be interesting to know if she stays in Ireland or goes back to the mainland?