Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 601697

Replies : 2692

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2016, 20:39   #811
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Volvo mustn't find a solution to this problem as it would mean the end of this thread and it must surely be the longest on the forum by now?

What will people find to talk about if this issue is resolved?

Old Jan 4th, 2016, 23:28   #812
ashadam

My own car was shortlisted for live datalogging with the Swedish techs by my supplying dealer (Rybrook Warrington), but they were able to put forward 4 cars that had actually gone into limp mode with the EGR problem: these were preferred to mine, which has never gone into limp mode. They would have taken my car for fitting the logging device in early November 2015.[/QUOTE]

My car is currently waiting to go back in had to book with another dealer as not happy with original, I am just a company car driver so no attachment to the vehicle and does not cost much to drive. This problem is a joke If they wanted to data log my vehicle I would just drive as it is, I am not doing there job for them. If they want to give me a decent loan vehicle and do the testing themselves that would be fine, all Volvo dealers I have used seem to be cheapskates.
Old Jan 5th, 2016, 07:38   #813
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Volvo mustn't find a solution to this problem as it would mean the end of this thread and it must surely be the longest on the forum by now?

What will people find to talk about if this issue is resolved?

My hols?

Arianne
Old Jan 5th, 2016, 20:41   #814
Marc01

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigv60 View Post
Fair enough - either the Swedish engineers have been visiting different regions in the UK at different times, or we're being spun a line ...

My own car was shortlisted for live datalogging with the Swedish techs by my supplying dealer .
We are being spun lies, you only have to read some of my previous comments with copied and pasted statements from dealers.
VolvoUK and the dealers in question are now completely ignoring me, which is fine by me, I have the email strings they do not want to answer some very simple questions, like Dealer A says its normal for my engine oil to rise by 600ml in 9 months, and Dealer B says its impossible for my engine oil to rise.

They can't even decide what is the correct oil level as dealer A states 4.8l and dealer B states 5.2l, Dealer A states 5.4l will cause my car to go into limp mode to protect from overfilling.

Anyway, none of it matters either as I have also been told my car has received the very latest cooler as a result of all the data logging by the Seedish engineers and is going to be reliable. And that was in September which contradicts everything said here.

To be honest I do and don't care I just want a car that can go more than a year without requiring 3 trips to the dealer to rectify EGR issues or to be fed the line of its the way I drive it.

In my opinion they have had 3 opportunities to fix my car now all recorded if it requires going in again looks like I have to go through the ball ache of trying to reject it.

One thing is for sure I will not leave it alone, because as i keep telling them I love the car the engine is a peach when it's not throwing egr fault codes.

Last edited by Marc01; Jan 5th, 2016 at 20:45.
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marc01 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2016, 21:47   #815
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc01 View Post
To be honest I do and don't care I just want a car that can go more than a year without requiring 3 trips to the dealer to rectify EGR issues or to be fed the line of its the way I drive it.

In my opinion they have had 3 opportunities to fix my car now all recorded if it requires going in again looks like I have to go through the ball ache of trying to reject it.

One thing is for sure I will not leave it alone, because as i keep telling them I love the car the engine is a peach when it's not throwing egr fault codes.
Pretty well sums it up.
Old Jan 11th, 2016, 16:17   #816
Antony0800

Just had my XC60 D4 Manual picked up on a low loader with the exact same problem, can't fault the response from Volvo in terms of Assistance being on my drive within an hour, for them to tell me what i had already established via the forum, but as I have only had the car for 3 weeks and only driven 700 miles you can imagine my HUGE disappointment.
If this is a known issue I can not understand why this hasn't been taken care of in advance of my car being delivered. Poor reflection on Volvo this, I do have to say, probably cost them more money than replacing the part in the first place.
Feeling very annoyed with this and am now left driving a hire car for 3 days(Hyundai) whilst I wait for it to be fixed.
I have read some other threads that state that when cars are returned they are not getting as good mpg as before. Is this true?
Anyway that's my justified rant over, take care.
Antony0800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2016, 16:38   #817
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony0800 View Post
Just had my XC60 D4 Manual picked up on a low loader with the exact same problem, can't fault the response from Volvo in terms of Assistance being on my drive within an hour, for them to tell me what i had already established via the forum, but as I have only had the car for 3 weeks and only driven 700 miles you can imagine my HUGE disappointment.
If this is a known issue I can not understand why this hasn't been taken care of in advance of my car being delivered. Poor reflection on Volvo this, I do have to say, probably cost them more money than replacing the part in the first place.
Feeling very annoyed with this and am now left driving a hire car for 3 days(Hyundai) whilst I wait for it to be fixed.
I have read some other threads that state that when cars are returned they are not getting as good mpg as before. Is this true?
Is it a new MY16 car or, if not, do you know the build date ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2016, 16:51   #818
Antony0800

Hi Nigel,
Its on a 65 plate, came into the country at the beginning of December 2015, dealer PDI on 15th Dec 2015.
Keep you posted on progress, not a happy bunny at the moment as you can imagine.
Old Jan 11th, 2016, 17:19   #819
craigv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony0800 View Post
Sorry to hear about that, it really shouldn't happen on a brand-new car!

In terms of MPG, my V60 D4 manual had a replacement EGR valve and cooler done in January 2015, when it was 6 months and 6,000 miles old. There were no noticeable changes in performance, economy or driveability after the work was done.

It's due for another replacement when Volvo gets the right parts in, I'll be watching closely to see if the 2nd replacement has any impact.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2016, 17:28   #820
Antony0800

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigv60 View Post
Sorry to hear about that, it really shouldn't happen on a brand-new car!

In terms of MPG, my V60 D4 manual had a replacement EGR valve and cooler done in January 2015, when it was 6 months and 6,000 miles old. There were no noticeable changes in performance, economy or driveability after the work was done.

It's due for another replacement when Volvo gets the right parts in, I'll be watching closely to see if the 2nd replacement has any impact.
You are right, trying not to get too upset and let it take the shine of my new car as they say. Love it so far, just driven my hire car a Hyundai IX35 and it feels like a tin can in comparison, keep you posted once I have spoken to the dealership in the morning, I know a lot more now so won't be fooled by some techie speak.