Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Considering ordering an XC60 - opinions required

Views : 2365

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 10:21   #21
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Jasper View Post
This thread is very timely as another newbie about to take the plunge. It is time to order new lease vehicle and at the moment am looking at a D4 FWD R-Design Lux plus Tinted Glass and Winter Pack........ my question is Nav or no Nav?
I don't think any in built Nav is worth £1200 but I am now pleased I included it as I couldn't rely on my mobile loosing signal on top of the dales and couldn't Wait for apple carplay (which will probably cost as much anyway), it does work well with sensus send to car from here.com but any sat nav will do the rest I suppose if you don't mind the wires

Different question for a lease though, would I pay an extra £30 odd quid pm for it, depends on the tax benefit I guess...
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 08:47   #22
wackers

Have my XC60 on order. Not sure if its locked in yet but I still keep going through the options list. I was right at my limit with the car so didn't get everything I wanted. I wouldn't normally buy new but I think I got a decent deal so I went with it.

I took the SE. Initially wanted R-Design but as said before it is missing some of the kit the standard SE comes with which I would have wanted to add back on bumping the price up. Just got out of my price range.

So D4 SE FWD on order.
Seville Grey
Privacy glass
Front park assist
Leather
Winter Pack
Power child locks

Naturally quite excited about getting the car but making the mistake of keep reading! The more I read the more I want to add on. Considered upgrading the wheels this week but managed to talk myself out of it. This morning I read about Active TFT Crystal Display info centre. I didn't really consider this at the time. Anyone able to post a picture or point me in the direction of a standard SE display? I've been looking but with all the different images I don't know what is what. I presume its analogue so other than speed/revs/petrol etc does it give any other info. Doors open etc
Thanks!
wackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 10:36   #23
spaceman2844

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackers View Post
Have my XC60 on order. Not sure if its locked in yet but I still keep going through the options list. I was right at my limit with the car so didn't get everything I wanted. I wouldn't normally buy new but I think I got a decent deal so I went with it.

I took the SE. Initially wanted R-Design but as said before it is missing some of the kit the standard SE comes with which I would have wanted to add back on bumping the price up. Just got out of my price range.

So D4 SE FWD on order.
Seville Grey
Privacy glass
Front park assist
Leather
Winter Pack
Power child locks

Naturally quite excited about getting the car but making the mistake of keep reading! The more I read the more I want to add on. Considered upgrading the wheels this week but managed to talk myself out of it. This morning I read about Active TFT Crystal Display info centre. I didn't really consider this at the time. Anyone able to post a picture or point me in the direction of a standard SE display? I've been looking but with all the different images I don't know what is what. I presume its analogue so other than speed/revs/petrol etc does it give any other info. Doors open etc
Thanks!
Almost same spec as me. I went for heated seats and not the winter pack. This might save you some money if you decided to add the TFT display. I have it on my SE and it makes a difference, great to look at and you can change the look of it every now and again when you get bored of it. I alternate between performance and Eco mode. There was a photo of the basic display in another recent thread, but it is a bit dull compared with the TFT.

I didn't want privacy glass although my dealer recommended not adding it to the spec even if I wanted it, but they get it done by a local third party company which is significantly cheaper. A few things to think about if you're on a budget. On hindsight I maybe should have gone for front sensors so probably a good choice in your spec. Rear ones work well, but it would be nice to have front ones too.

You'll love the car, I think the SE with leather is a nice spec for the money. All the main toys you'll need without getting into silly money. I thought about upgrading the wheels but glad I didn't as the standard Valder wheels are excellent, nice diamond cut finish and modern design which looks great with dark paint colours. And the ride is very smooth. Photos of wheels and my car in black in another of my threads if you search.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 10:40   #24
ajhj

Wakers, I have the standard "analogue" display and will post some pics later. I was really surprised at the different display options it gives you. There is a central portion that lights up with LEDs with options for digital speedo, trip 1 or trip 2, Ave mpg, distance left in tank etc etc there are actually 2 parts to this circular Central led display with different options for each part.

I've posted a pic I found online which is decent. I'll see if I can put some more on later but yes it displays when doors are open etc. I'm not actually sure what else the tft gives other than colour change and power bar rather than rev counter?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V40-dashboard_2742361b.jpg (35.7 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by ajhj; Aug 2nd, 2014 at 10:47.
ajhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:38   #25
ajhj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhj View Post
Wakers, I have the standard "analogue" display and will post some pics later. I was really surprised at the different display options it gives you. There is a central portion that lights up with LEDs with options for digital speedo, trip 1 or trip 2, Ave mpg, distance left in tank etc etc there are actually 2 parts to this circular Central led display with different options for each part.

I've posted a pic I found online which is decent. I'll see if I can put some more on later but yes it displays when doors are open etc. I'm not actually sure what else the tft gives other than colour change and power bar rather than rev counter?
Here are some pics of mine with a few of the options and displays the "analogue" dash display gives. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140802_111312.jpg (198.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 20140802_111221.jpg (193.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 20140802_111555.jpg (171.4 KB, 50 views)
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 13:28   #26
wackers

Thanks for all the information and pictures.

The car was about £5000 more than we intended to spend so with every option box ticked my wife looked a little more angry! I only went for the winter pack over heated seats as it was only another £200 or so. On a budget I shouldn't have ticked this. Could consider downgrading that option in place of TFT. Maybe should have considered my options before getting carried away. We wanted the car before our next baby is due - in 2 weeks. Ordered the first week in June and was a bit surprised with the delivery date. End of September according to dealer, October according to My Volvo. As a result we ordered pretty quickly. My wife is also a non car person. Not bothered by cars at all. As I commute by train and she is at home with the kids she does most of the driving. I wanted something safe for the kids, but also something nice when I do get in the car.

My order may well be locked in now anyway. I may check but the standard looks OK. Especially for the once a week I will actually drive it.

Thanks again.
wackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 22:20   #27
Dawdles

Thanks for the replies everyone, after much consideration it looks like the SE Lux is the way to go, with winter pack, rear tints, front parking sensors and the zephyrus alloys.

Just need to try and get the local dealer down towards internet prices, currently they're about £1000 away and claim that's their cost price.

I've got a car to part exchange, so it's not as simple as just going for the cheapest price advertised online. Prices offered for our car have varied by as much as £3000, which is very frustrating.
Dawdles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 18:04   #28
Considered1
Premier Member

There's always the 5 years servicing normally £500 or less if you still need to get them down a bit
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote