Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RICA % power increase for insurance purposes

Views : 2400

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 14:37   #11
V70RMW
Master Member

Wanted to thank you for your advice Ross. Called Keith Michaels and accepted a really good quote of £475, £90 more than my last quote for the unmodded car. They are obviously real enthusiasts too - the guy I spoke to is off to get his Evo remapped this weekend (nobody's perfect). Can highly recommend them.
V70RMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 16:26   #12
Oli
VOC Member

Just spoke to the same guy at Keith Michaels. Also gave a really good quote, allowing for my front strut brace mod (what a great mod by the way). Only £3 in it between them and Chris Knott, but KM is £100 less on the excess and if I had an extra 20% on the BHP from a re-map, then only an extra £27 on top of that!!!

Sounds like he's got a wicked Evo too.

Thanks for the tip Ross.

Oli
Oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 08:54   #13
Ross9
Master Member

No worries, they have a good team of guys there by the sounds of it, and when you have to call up for anything they will ask you your name and put you through to whoever dealt with you the first time.

I've been on lots what with getting the Rover renewed, then changing from the Rover to the Scooby Type R etc, the guy I deal with has a WRX impreza himself (see him on scoobynet forum as well) and a 280 bhp Astra Turbo before that, always dealt with the same guy and he's been great.

Glad they were good for you as well guys.

Ross
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 17:18   #14
CHUBBS

Thanks guys for the kind words I seem to be getting lots of recommendations from here at the moment,if any of you need a quote and want to speak to someone who knows about cars give me a call.

Many Thanks Jeremy (Keith Michaels Insurance Plc) 0208 643 6006

The Evo made 378BHP 377ft lb of torque not bad for some Jap Cr@p
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 19:13   #15
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Hi Jeremy
(I'm the guy with the T4 who took out the policy with you this afternoon)
Hope your paying Ross a good commission! lol

For the record,

My renewal premium with Zurich Insurance was £1000
-plus they wouldnt protect my 6 years NCB

Adrian Flux quoted me £800 with £300 excess (forgot to ask about ncb protection)

Keith Michaels Insurance was £699 with £250 excess +NCB protected
so saved £300!

I want that Evo!!!
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 18:07   #16
Ross9
Master Member

lol @ commission.

It wasn't actually Jerry who got me my insurance, it was another of their team, Gary Moulsen, but it's good to see that they have a selection of people in the know dealing with insurance for us lot.

Knowing that Gary has a performance 4wd as well, sounds like it's an interesting car park at kieth Micheals HQ, home time must be interesting, gentlemen, start your engines lol.

Ross
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 18:20   #17
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Talking

hehe,

No, I'm sure working in insurance they are very careful and always observe the appropriate speed limit

Like me of course! (they might be reading this - dont want my premium to go up!)
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:28   #18
mrbenn

I've just had my requote with Direct line.

Declared my tints, manual boost controller and BSR exhaust and told them it is now 290BHP (educated guess based on %increase of mods and %decrease of 8 years and 170k miles of motoring)

Came back with £612.15 which includes cover for my girlfriend (it's £483 without mods).

I'm 27, 6 years no claims, garaged, manager, no endorsements.

Ben
mrbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:59   #19
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Thumbs up Slightly relieved

Well its a bit of a relief reading everyone's experience re mods and insurance - I'm considering (as in have the parts in the garage!) dropping a B230FK, Volvo 'A' cam, swapping the 13c turbo for a 15g, adding a bigger IC, BSR or Superchip chip, and a MBC into my 940 2.0T. Increase in HP will hopefully be from 140 (realistically - the B200FT is rated at 155bhp new) to circa 220-240. Obviously, Bilstein suspension, strut brace, IPD anti roll bar and better brakes too!

Almost forgot - it already has a 2.5" exhaust and Group A 'straight through' type cat.

I've held off as the people I've approached either haven't got back to me or haven't been able to quote - as soon as I mention 'engine swap' they go very quiet...

I'll try your suggestions and see what they say - I want to be sure that I can afford the premium before doing the mods! Thanks for the tips
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:06   #20
octo0072000

Talking ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
Well its a bit of a relief reading everyone's experience re mods and insurance - I'm considering (as in have the parts in the garage!) dropping a B230FK, Volvo 'A' cam, swapping the 13c turbo for a 15g, adding a bigger IC, BSR or Superchip chip, and a MBC into my 940 2.0T. Increase in HP will hopefully be from 140 (realistically - the B200FT is rated at 155bhp new) to circa 220-240. Obviously, Bilstein suspension, strut brace, IPD anti roll bar and better brakes too!

Almost forgot - it already has a 2.5" exhaust and Group A 'straight through' type cat.

I've held off as the people I've approached either haven't got back to me or haven't been able to quote - as soon as I mention 'engine swap' they go very quiet...

I'll try your suggestions and see what they say - I want to be sure that I can afford the premium before doing the mods! Thanks for the tips

try firebond or adrian flux for ins
octo0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote