Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New V60 four weeks in

Views : 2326

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2019, 16:11   #1
owl1972

Default New V60 four weeks in

Hello,

Four weeks in to my new V60 D4. General observations all hugely positive. But a couple of questions I'd be grateful for input on:-

1. I am sure I read somewhere that the mirrors can be programmed to tilt when reverse is selected but I can't for the life of me find such a setting. Have I dreamt it?

2. The trip computer - is it possible to reset just one of the logs rather than resetting both?

3. Volvo on call - is it worth the fuss - despite a few phone calls to the dealer, my phone and my car won't complete the set up.

Aside from the above pontifications really enjoying the new motor, it's like a space ship compared to the old model.

Thanks.
owl1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 16:26   #2
I Feel Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1972 View Post
1. I am sure I read somewhere that the mirrors can be programmed to tilt when reverse is selected but I can't for the life of me find such a setting. Have I dreamt it?
Not a dream, in Sensus, settings, I think (pull down form the top of screen)?

Quote:
2. The trip computer - is it possible to reset just one of the logs rather than resetting both?
I believe TA resets itself every trip after the car has been sat for a while. Although it can also be reset manually.

Quote:
3. Volvo on call - is it worth the fuss - despite a few phone calls to the dealer, my phone and my car won't complete the set up.
That will be individual dependent, I'd suggest it's worth setting up to discover first hand.
I Feel Old is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I Feel Old For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 16:27   #3
Geggan

Quote:
This is an option only available if you have power seats with memory buttons.
I think it's strange since it has nothing to do with the seats and you have all the electrical motors and buttons to do it.
Geggan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geggan For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 16:34   #4
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Hello,

Four weeks in to my new V60 D4. General observations all hugely positive. But a couple of questions I'd be grateful for input on:-

Aside from the above pontifications really enjoying the new motor, it's like a space ship compared to the old model.

Thanks.
Hi, to answer number 1. yes, it's in sensus settings, but sometimes it's a nuisance when you don't want the mirror to tilt in reverse every time. When you do want it just press the individual L or R mirror button twice in quick succession and that mirror will tilt down and inwards for you. I find it much better than having it programmed permanently.
2. not sure what you mean by both logs?
3. Yes, it's particularly useful to start the car on frosty mornings to get it nicely warmed, especially if you have heated seats and steering wheel, before your journey.

Glad you are enjoying your V60.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 16:36   #5
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Assuming you have the memory seats, swipe the centre screen right to get to the left screen. Top left select Settings, them Mirrors and Convenience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wizzpop For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 21:44   #6
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks.
This one caught me out at 1st.
A single short press on the end of the left hand steering wheel stalk will clear the short term mileage log, whilst a long held press will clear both logs back to zero.
I just normally give it a short press whenever I fill up as a quick quide as to how many miles ago did I last fill up........though I do log all the fill ups with a cum mileage in my mpg xls file going back over 8 years and 3 different XC60’s
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 21:54   #7
Bash D Bishop
Volvo Virgin

On my V90 CC "TA" cannot be manually reset. It resets back to zero after the car has been idle for 4 hours. The handbook confirms this.

You can individually reset each of the TM metrics with a short press of the 'Reset' button.

I don't have memory seats so disappointed that I don't have the dipping mirror function.
Bash D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bash D Bishop For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 21:25   #8
Cmdee

How's the mpg with the d4?
Cmdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 21:45   #9
dchbrown

Mine is averaging 46mpg over 8000 miles.

This week it has managed 50+ mpg over a pair of 200 mile motorway runs as well as 35mpg on a 20 mile run into central London during monring rush hour.
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 23:19   #10
tanujdua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdee View Post
How's the mpg with the d4?
Motorway journeys I've gotten 55-58 at most, average low 50s though on most motorway journeys.

Mine says 45mpg average over 9k miles. I've only had the car the last 4k miles though, and I drive more economically.