Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 phone? firmware

Views : 1562

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2008, 23:40   #1
trignflo

Default XC90 phone? firmware

Does anybody know if Volvo has upgraded the firmware in the phone inside the XC90?

I have an 04 plate, and everytime I turn the vehicle on, I get a service message from phone company which basically tells the 'phone' if I have any texts or answerphone messages.... the text message is blank and has to be deleted everytime, not a major problem but gets very annoying....

The phone should not display this message and it should all go on in the background so to speak.

Is there a way to find out what version of the firmware I have?

TnF

Volvo XC40 P8 1st Edition in Blue.
trignflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:53   #2
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trignflo View Post
Does anybody know if Volvo has upgraded the firmware in the phone inside the XC90?

I have an 04 plate, and everytime I turn the vehicle on, I get a service message from phone company which basically tells the 'phone' if I have any texts or answerphone messages.... the text message is blank and has to be deleted everytime, not a major problem but gets very annoying....

The phone should not display this message and it should all go on in the background so to speak.

Is there a way to find out what version of the firmware I have?

TnF
Reading your text, you seem to have asked for a specific service from your mobile company. Try temporary cancelling this service, or remove existing "sim" card and replace with another, from a different service provider, to see if this will fix problem.(borrow, son's, daughters,etc)

Having owned two XC90's with Comm's Pack, I have not experianced your problems.
As the phone and Sat Nav come as a combined package, the only way that I can think that upgrades are carried out, is when a new dvd is released.
To find your latest installed system, you will need to go into the "about" menue within the Sat Nav.
But not 100% sure if the information includes the phone system, as well as the Sat Nav.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 18:34   #3
Bigstoo

the standard way of checking the firmware version on a normal handset is typing *#0000#. Not sure if this will work on the volvo comms pack though?
19" LeMans Wheels in Black
Bigstoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 19:41   #4
Glen Morangie
Economy motorist

Default Don't know about the XC90 comms pack

But I've had this problem with ordinary phones when I've inserted a simcard in a phone which doesn't have the same facilities as the one from which the SIM was removed - like WAP browsing, picture messaging or email.

The network keeps trying to send the setup info to the phone, which can't do whatever's needed.
Glen Morangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 13:13   #5
Bigstoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstoo View Post
the standard way of checking the firmware version on a normal handset is typing *#0000#. Not sure if this will work on the volvo comms pack though?
it doesnt, I tried it.
19" LeMans Wheels in Black
Bigstoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 23:07   #6
ianu
Premier Member

Hello TnF,
I also get a 'blank' message on the phone in my car which until erased keeps sending a reminder each time you turn on the ignition.
The conclusion I came to was that you only get this when a call has diverted to v/mail and someone has actually left you a message.
If they don't I tend to get a standard 'missed call' message.

It is a bit annoying as it took me a while to figure out why I kept getting blank messages for no apparent reason. I don't know if it's down to Phone provider or the car software not being compatible with the v/mail message alert ?

Hope this helps a bit - if anyone knows a way to make it more informative with an update to the software - great.

Cheers
Ian.
PS 05MY D5.
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 20:13   #7
trignflo

Thanks for your help, I guess this is something I'll have to live with. As I'm on orange, I understand when your phone logs onto the system a text is sent which contains only system characters telling your phone if you have any voice mail messages. It would appear that the inbuilt phone can't decode these...I'll try with a Vodafone sim later (I must admit I didn't think of that earlier)

Volvo XC40 P8 1st Edition in Blue.
trignflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 20:43   #8
ianu
Premier Member

..mine's Orange too - haven't tried with any other network though. I'll give it a go soon as work are just about to change us onto someone else anyway.

Cheers
Ian
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 00:20   #9
GSMGuy
Master Member

Guys, those of you on Orange - dial into your answerphone and turn OFF missed call and voicemail alerts.....

This turns off the automatic texts that get sent - but still leaves the new message indicator flag working..

Mike
GSMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote