Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 360 GLS for sale Ebay item no: 121017482455

Views : 1676

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 16:27   #1
axolotls2rule

Default Volvo 360 GLS for sale Ebay item no: 121017482455

Time waster winner, advertised elsewhere, first come first served, See Ebay item number for advertisement: 121017482455. £800 ONO. Call - 07869135093. Fresh MOT - No adviseries, Long tax.

Here we have my Volvo 360 GLS: the engine in the 360 GLS is the B19A, the rugged carb version of the Volvo's 2-litre engine. This quiet running engine is also matched to a 5speed gear box and produces a potent 92hp DIN at 5400rpm. The Volvo 360 has a power assisted dual circuit brake system with a front/rear split, large 8" discs on the front wheels and self adjusting drums at the rear. High tech items such as the exclusive transaxle configuration and de Dion rear axle, soundly engineered into the Volvo 360 to provide superior handling and predictably safe response in all situations, and the torque tube propeller shaft for full, vibration free power transmission to the rear wheels. The Volvo has no less than 11 stage anti-rust coats. The famous Volvo seats provide lumbar support to the lower back and the drivers seat is electronically heated for cold morning starts. Spacious interior and boot can be seen from the pictures.

~ Full service history from 83 - 2010 by Volvo, all dealer receipts, I took it on myself to service her from my own back yard using my preferred choice of lubricants and service parts, choosing the quality over the standard with garages typically use. Long exhaustive folder of paper work as evident from photo, New battery fitted, history shows extensive replacement and upkeep of parts by Volvo, from the smallest washers to a new clutch, the previous owner was meticulous ensuring that the vehicle was regularly valeted and kept in fabulous nick. The water pump has been replaced, each year in this history folder shows £1000's spent servicing and replacement parts, yes proof of £1000's spent since its first buyer and owner. Meticulous work has been carried out such as checking all of the components - a checklist that covers a manual service and check of 100 parts and a final road test after each precise service. Two new wheel cylinders, tooth-belt timing kit, coolant pump kit, carb strip down and clean, replacement silencer, unleaded conversion and engine tuning to adjust tappets and more recently, replaced passenger suspension cup and break caliper.

I have proof that the car has maintained complete and regular, thorough, quality servicing with a folder that boasts this immaculately kept classic which is so hard to get hold of these days, especially with such bodywork marred only by undulations in the near side rear passenger left hand door which can be see in the second to first photo; a slight ripple which shows up in light on photo, steels are completely untarnished as are the plastic body parts and surfacing, all of which I have treated with Auto glym products. Been an enthusiastic collector of such clean examples I have taken care of this lovely old girl since purchasing her last year and wish to buy a Volvo 240 Estate, this is still a reluctant sale as I know I won't come across such a great example again - only 65,500 on the clock and long tax. Owned by two elderly gentlemen who did not hold back on servicing the car regularly, on all occasions at Volvo dealers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to arrange a viewing or ask of any queries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volvo1.jpg (55.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg volvo2.jpg (71.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg volvo6.jpg (55.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg volvov6.jpg (64.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg vovlvo7.jpg (47.7 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by axolotls2rule; Nov 12th, 2012 at 17:31.
axolotls2rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 00:20   #2
360beast
Go redblock or go home

I saw this and thought it looked amazing.
When it sold for 899 I thought it would have been an enthusiast. Perhaps now an enthusiast can buy it.
Funnily enough there's a discussion on here atm about people buying on ebay and the buyers not actually making contact etc.
Good luck with the sale.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 03:08   #3
axolotls2rule

Thanks, I'm open to offers. Its a real reluctant sale as It will be difficult to come across one such as this again. I hope someone hurry's up before I change my mind as I'm not running two cars, its either this or the other.
axolotls2rule is offline   Reply With Quote