Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Alternative satnav route selection?

Views : 1444

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 15:28   #1
jmot

Default Alternative satnav route selection?

Hi - how on earth can you select which route you want satnav to take you towards a destination?

There seems to be no way to swap between routes like you could in Audi system.

Sending me loopy.

Owners manual seems to yield no joy unless i've totally missed it..

Thanks in advance.
jmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 15:52   #2
apnicolle

If there are traffic issues (or alleged traffic issues) then the nav will bring up alternate routes that you can view and then select.

If you want to see differing options when you’re selecting a destination then you’re forced to use the one route it comes up with. I put in way points to make it go the way I want, which is not the best solution but works for me.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 15:59   #3
Jcbrown

Did take me a little while to find it originally - I was expecting alternative routes to be suggested when the route was first suggested - that is how most previous Sat Nav's have done it.

But it is there. This is the online manual (S90, but other Sensus models should be similar)
Itinerary and Alternative route - Older Sensus Itinerary and Alternative route - Newer Sensus

Basically, get to the Itinerary, and select the Alternative Routes
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 17:20   #4
KNVXC90

Talking of alternative routes, last week, we were travelling in a group of three cars, one (me) using Sensus navigation, the other two using Waze and JLR's inbuilt navigation. My Sensus was the only one that suggested an alternative route to avoid the slow M4, whilst the other two cars got stuck on M4.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 17:30   #5
spudmaster
Brand new to Volvo

I managed to find alternatives- though more by luck than judgement

In Sat Nav, whilst in Navigation mode, press the bottom icon on LHS (3x horizontal dots . . . )

This then opens up a sub-menu that includes an option called 'itineries'. Press on this.

The menu then revealed has 3x tabs- one of which is alternative routes. Open this and it gives 3x options, Fastest, Eco & Scenic- just as in my BMW before. Hope that helps?

As an aside- having travelled down south for a few days over Christmas- I have to say that I was very impressed by the live traffic functionality as both there and back it skirted us very effectively around hold-ups on the M40...
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 02:13   #6
pagan8c
Master Member

If I know where I am going I plan the route before hand and transmit this to the car . That way i can put in the route I want. Interesting about the 3 little dots but I don't remember seeing them on mine so will have a look next time.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 19:06   #7
jmot

Got to go to nippers new school tomorrow an the route it always wants to take is across the east coast mainline crossing which is DUMB as always get caught at signals... trying Waze tomorrow just to get me there then will try work out how to program it as suggested above.

Thanks all.
jmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 19:25   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmot View Post
Got to go to nippers new school tomorrow an the route it always wants to take is across the east coast mainline crossing which is DUMB as always get caught at signals... trying Waze tomorrow just to get me there then will try work out how to program it as suggested above.

Thanks all.
The satnav can remember your chosen route you take, when I first got my car it used to try and send me round near by streets to get to my house after a few goes with me taking the correct direct route it got the message and took me the right way, I think there is a tick box to remember routes in settings.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: