Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"Your doors are unlocked" OnCall message annoying when @home

Views : 1290

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2019, 08:20   #1
jotka

Default "Your doors are unlocked" OnCall message annoying when @home

Hi
If the car is parked in the garage at the home location (set in the navi) it should not report the doors unlocked, as it's very annoying. They should at least give us such a setting to configure. We can either switch this off or on in general, regardless of the location of the car.

I've passed this to the development team through Twitter.

What are your thoughts?
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 08:42   #2
Duri13

I was annoyed by this during the first days but then I have changed the notification settings on my iphone and these messages no longer go to notification center, just appear on the locked screen. And I think the message goes on just once every time and I have learned to live with that.

If this could be switched off through GPS and garage location, I am not sure, because if I park right in front of the garage, I want to get these messages. If I move my car 5m (inside the garage), the GPS location is almost the same (can the car spot the difference?), plus there is no GPS signal inside the garage so....Anyway, there probably is a way how to make this system smarter but overall I prefer to have these false "alarms" at home than not to have these messages at all. I like the feeling that I know I have locked my car when I am somewhere else.
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 10:59   #3
techwatcher
Master Member

I'm a little confused - is the car incorrectly notifying that the car is unlocked when in fact it is locked or are you leaving the car unlocked when it is in your garage and VoC is notifying correctly?
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 11:42   #4
Duri13

Why are you confused? The same situation as yours. The car is at home in the garage unlocked and I get the message about it. While the car behaves correctly here (as programmed), that kind of message is pointless.
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 12:40   #5
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duri13 View Post
Why are you confused? The same situation as yours. The car is at home in the garage unlocked and I get the message about it. While the car behaves correctly here (as programmed), that kind of message is pointless.
I was confused because it wasn't clear from your post that you were leaving your car unlocked in your garage.

As you say the car is behaving correctly. I suspect this isn't a problem for most people as they would probably lock their cars even when in a garage.
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 12:54   #6
Duri13

Aaa, sorry, I thought it is Jotka writing
And you are right, probably many people lock their cars even inside their garages but I never do that.
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 13:23   #7
Milliner

I guess Volvo would be a bit twitchy about using GPS to determine whether a car is in the garage or not for the reasons highlighted.

Geo-fencing a given area (say, once parked in the garage) might help, but I suspect there'd be some disclaimers involved and you'd accept liability if it was on the drive, unlocked, and got nicked.

That said, looking at the latest story on keyless car thefts today, is it all a bit of a chocolate fireguard anyway??
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 13:25   #8
wheelnut

Is it just me or is this what could be described as a first world problem?
2012 V70 Drive SE Lux, 2000 V70 SE2.4: 2000 V40 1.8SE: 1997 S70 2.0SE
Garage - Mercedes SLK & Honda CM400T
wheelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wheelnut For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 15:15   #9
Duri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut View Post
Is it just me or is this what could be described as a first world problem?
Yes, the same as probably 2/3 of the threads in this forum
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 17:37   #10
jotka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duri13 View Post
I never do that.
I never do that also