Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any T6 owners on here?

Views : 5476

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2020, 15:10   #1
junior 7178

Default Any T6 owners on here?

I've just bought a 2012 V70 T6 with Polestar Optimisation. Its the 304bhp standard and 329bhp with Polestar, so it's got the more reliable and stronger auto box than the 285bhp T6's.

Are there any other T6 owners on here? There doesn't seem to bea great deal out there about these engines with the focus of performance volvo groups naturally being on T5's and R model cars.

With the car already having the Polestar map, theres not much plug in stuff i can do now to improve the car. Snabb seems to do a few bolt on upgrades, but again all the info out there on these upgrades seem to be from the states.

So whos got one and what have you done to it?
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:58   #2
IanRubie

I've just bought a 2012 Ex Police V70 T6. Like you I have found most of the focus is on the T5. It is hard to find accurate information but rumour is the Police ones are remapped from the factory amongst other upgrades.
Old May 18th, 2020, 21:37   #3
THEFLUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior 7178 View Post
I've just bought a 2012 V70 T6 with Polestar Optimisation. Its the 304bhp standard and 329bhp with Polestar, so it's got the more reliable and stronger auto box than the 285bhp T6's.

Are there any other T6 owners on here? There doesn't seem to bea great deal out there about these engines with the focus of performance volvo groups naturally being on T5's and R model cars.

With the car already having the Polestar map, theres not much plug in stuff i can do now to improve the car. Snabb seems to do a few bolt on upgrades, but again all the info out there on these upgrades seem to be from the states.

So whos got one and what have you done to it?
Im over in the Uk and have a T6 Ive just had some intercoolers made for them as I couldnt find what I wanted. Ive fitted a D088 intercooler hose kit and a Snabb Intake kit. Also put on a IPD down pipe with sport cat.
Have a look here https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=305739
I still have an intercooler for sale if your interested. Based in leicester UK
THEFLUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 14:21   #4
J Baugh

I have a t6 reg. B14UGH new polestar wheels polestar optermisation silver with cream leather, thincking now now of supension work I wished to a first edition polestar . J Baugh
J Baugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 14:38   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRubie View Post
I've just bought a 2012 Ex Police V70 T6. Like you I have found most of the focus is on the T5. It is hard to find accurate information but rumour is the Police ones are remapped from the factory amongst other upgrades.
None of the police special vehicles have left the factory with non standard maps .
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 02:49   #6
Ploppyv70

Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRubie View Post
Hello

Im an owner of ex Police V70 T6 and love it ! 2009
Ploppyv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 17:37   #7
SmartMAC

Just got a 2019 V60 T6 (316bhp). Quite happy at the moment but time will tell. I am coming from a BMW and a Merc so quite different approach.
I like to try different cars and different brands so looking forward to a few years of Volvo.

I will be looking at the polestar upgrade if it comes cheap at some point.

Last edited by SmartMAC; Feb 28th, 2021 at 17:42.
SmartMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2023, 22:39   #8
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

Cool New T6

Just picked up a 2012 S60 T6 R-Design with P* tune, love it. Will be tweaking over the next year.

S60R - MTE, 3" cust ex't, ITG, Aquamist + DDS3, Evolve springs, cust 3" CAI, Greddy Infro touch, Blitz Boost guage+Cust POD, QBM Strut, EST disks, EBC Yellow, SuperBlue fluid, '08 rear light conversion-tinted, IMIV, 12" Alpine sub+Amp, Parrot MKi9200
icooney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icooney For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2023, 16:16   #9
domhart10
Volvo S40

Never saw this thread.

Yes got 2016 XC60 T6 Polestar, had it for about half a year now and still absolutely loving it. Very astonished at how silent and smooth that 3ltr engine is!

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2023, 21:27   #10
Axell27

As a new 2010 s60 t6 owner I was wondering also how to get a bit off a power jump but struggling to find options in the uk . All the options seem to be shipped from us and quite expensive.
Axell27 is offline   Reply With Quote