Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Radio/Cass change to Cd

Views : 861

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 12:13   #1
w07 1171

(95)850 2.5GLT

Hi All,

I want to take out the standard radio/cass and put my Pioneer Cd tuner in place, before I pull the old unit out can anyone tell me if there are standard connectors at the rear of the old unit please ?, also as an afterthought can one of these Volvo mult-cd units be bought anywhere for sensible money or are they now extinct ?.

Lastly and off subject a little, does anyone know how I can change my existing luvly username to something more meaningful, I have been and gone through the 'edit' profile but cannot find any means of changing it !.

Cheers Reg (Herts)
Old Oct 15th, 2002, 13:04   #2
Dave_G

I did this in my 850. I bought a conversion lead from Halfords for about £10 which changes the Volvo harness to standard off the shelf stereo connector, that way if I decide to sell the car I can easily swap it back. They also sell a single din unit to fill the remaining space for about £15, though I think it is supposed to hold 3 CD's. Looks better than a big hole!! I think Volvo sell a similar unit though I don't know how much that costs.

Dave
Old Oct 15th, 2002, 13:55   #3
w07 1171

>I did this in my 850. I bought a conversion lead from
>Halfords for about £10 which changes the Volvo harness to
>standard off the shelf stereo connector, that way if I
>decide to sell the car I can easily swap it back. They also
>sell a single din unit to fill the remaining space for about
>£15, though I think it is supposed to hold 3 CD's. Looks
>better than a big hole!! I think Volvo sell a similar unit
>though I don't know how much that costs.
>
>Dave

Thanks Dave,

from your reply I assume unlike what i had expected the connector is different, ok trip to Halfords, do you mean BIN rather than DIN ?.
Old Oct 15th, 2002, 18:38   #4
Dave_G

The height of a normal car stereo is known as DIN hence the normal Volvo stereo is double DIN so you need a single DIN unit to fill the space which you could then use as a bin if you wanted!!!

Dave