Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rattling noise when ‘gently’ accelerating

Views : 1297

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2020, 22:08   #1
Cull06
Master Member

Default Rattling noise when ‘gently’ accelerating

Hi all

Had a new v60 T5 auto since December. Done just over 1000 miles. Car has been fab thus far with no issues.

This evening I was driving up a steep hill rather slow when the auto gearbox dropped down a gear. It sounded almost like something ‘fell out’. Continued to have highish revs up this hill. But as well as the engine noise there was a rattling noise.

Anyway now whenever I am gently accelerating as it were there is a rattling noise. Only when gently accelerating though which I can’t work out.

Anyone with any thoughts on what that could be.?

Cheers.
Cull06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 14:09   #2
Cull06
Master Member

Seems to have stopped today. Meh
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 19:30   #3
Cull06
Master Member

Started again. Had Volvo assistance out. They agreed the rattling/whining noise when opening throttle wasn’t right so had it into local dealer for me.

Local dealer couldn’t get the issue back. So I picked it up again. All alright for a couple of miles .... then..

Entire front of car starts a metal on metal screeching. Car feels like it’s being held back. Then what sounds like an empty can of coke pop being thrown around under the bonnet. 😔

Car now on the back of a recovery truck to go back in.

Anyone had anything remotely like this..? Or at least an idea of what has happened here?
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 15:54   #4
Cull06
Master Member

Right car has come back to me and still rattling when I open the throttle.

Videohttps://vimeo.com/393273005

On the verge of rejecting the car. Surely someone here must have an idea?!?!

Didn’t manage to get to the bottom of the car breaking down but surely it’s connected.
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 20:03   #5
roundyuk

Might be worth pointing your dealer towards this: https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....2019-10-15.pdf

Last clips in the TJ sounds very similar.... https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....0C2C3267496054
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roundyuk For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 20:36   #6
Cull06
Master Member

Thanks for that. I’m going back down there tomorrow and will show them that. Car is only two months old and the doc you have kindly shared says it was permanently fixed feb 2019(?). But yeah could be related.
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 08:41   #7
roundyuk

Ahhh could be barking up the wrong tree then, but do you know when your car was produced?

Sometimes cars take a while to get through production, sat at dealer and then into customers hand.
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 18:11   #8
Cull06
Master Member

Yeah I was thinking the same, but then Volvo gave me the impression it rolled straight off production line to me. I’ve made this a bit more of a formal matter now so will see what happens. Cheers.