Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Newbie

Views : 479

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 15th, 2017, 09:55   #1
Poochyricko

Default Volvo Newbie

Hello

This will be my first post on the forum as I have owned my volvo for 11 months now and I am starting to have a few issues with it. It's a Volvo V60 2013 D3 business edition, has 126,000k on the clock and is fully serviced by Volvo to date.

I've had a read through and hopefully someone out there has some more insight to whats going on. Over the last couple of months I have had a range of intermittent faults which are starting to cause issues, so far I have had these warnings:

1) Service schedule warning, the car had been serviced for its 108,000k service about 4 months before this started showing. There was at least 10,000 miles before the next service was due, had to get the garage to turn the light off.

2) Battery Charge Low, another warning show up when I started the car, the battery was fully charged as it had been on a long distance drive the day before and no electrics had been left on. Showed up twice and then disappeared.

3) Dash Warning light, showed up last night as my girlfriend was driving home, she stopped and started the car then after 2 mins the light turned off.

4) The worse one is the random times the alarm will sound, I have had it maybe 5 or 6 times over the last 3 months. The dash will tell me the alarm has been triggered, I check the car over and make sure no moths or spiders causing problems, this can be set off a few times in a row and then it wont do it for another month.

I use to own a few old land rovers and when I had similar intermittent faults with them it turned out to be the BCM (Body Control Module) which I replaced.

Do the volvo's have something similar to this which can be at fault?

I want to get a bit more knowledge before I head to volvo to see what their diagnosis is.

Thanks for any useful information in advance
Poochyricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 12:20   #2
prc68

Hi there,
Pretty much new here as well. Have had issue #2 but on my old mercedes C-class. Started occasionally, the 1x every few days, and got worse.
Ended up being the alternator control module.
I would get the alternator and battery checked.
Alternator might not be charging correctly or battery getting to end of life.

Good Luck
prc68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 14:06   #3
NigelDay
Premier Member

I can't offer any specific advice, but if you have had the car 11 months and you bought it with a 12-month warranty, you need to get back to the dealer before time runs out.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 06:22   #4
cam
Premier Member

Smile

Hi mate and welcome
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 08:45   #5
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Suspect the Battery may be on it's last legs as my old S60 started doing random stuff along those lines when it started to die.

Volvo dealers can run a comprehensive test to check the health of the battery & the charging circuit, I had mine done a few weeks ago when mine was serviced (2012 XC60) & it highlight the battery was starting to die.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote