Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Group buy for Volvotech CFE and other Volvotech products

Views : 117485

Replies : 119

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2015, 19:16   #1
C320

Default Group buy for Volvotech CFE and other Volvotech products

Background

Following another thread on here about something called the Volvotech Canbus Feature Extender (CFE) http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...=volvotech+CFE

A few people seemed interested in the product so I got in touch Volvotech to see if they would be interested in doing a Group Buy discount for us.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Volvotech and I won't be making anything from this deal.

The deal Volvotech are offering us Volvo Forum users is as follows:
  • 5pcs , shipped to 1 address, free shipping.
  • 10 pcs, 2 addresses , free shipping
  • 15 pcs, 3 addresses, free shipping and 5% discount
They will also add a fishbone tool (for removing trim panels) and have also said they will include some small Volvo goodies with each product too.

Now I don’t believe this Group Buy is worth doing unless we can hit 15 units (it can be any mix of the products below), so you may want a CFE module and an iMIV product or possibly CFE and a reverse camera kit etc.

So what is the Volvotech CFE?
The Canbus Function Extender offers additional functions in your Volvo. It is suitable for the Volvo P2 Platform cars, so S80 (1999-2006), V70 (2000-2007), XC70 (2000-2007 and XC90 (2003-2014).

It can plug into the ODB port or additional cables can be purchased to plug into the AEM (Rear Accessory Module?) or RTI Nav unit (dependent upon vehicle model & year).

Depending upon the features fitted to your car the CFE can enable such features as:
  • Auto fold mirrors on lock / unlock
  • Mirror angling when car is in reverse
  • Auto unlock all doors when driver door is opened
  • Remote open & close of windows & sunroof
  • Auto ON approach lights

More information on the CFE on the Volvotech website: http://www.volvotech.eu/Function-Extender/cfe

What’s this Group Buy for?
The products available for discount are:
  • CFE products (Canbus Feature Extender)
  • VBB products (Reverse Camera / Video interface for cars with Navigation screen)
  • iMIV products (iPod / MP3 integration etc.)

Have a look at the Volvotech site for more information on these products: http://www.volvotech.eu

How will this Group Buy will work:
Although the discount is relatively small it’s still helpful. We only need to hit 15 pieces / units they don’t all have to be the same product. They will be issuing me with a discount code and instructions on how to specify the split delivery.

I intend to leave this open until 8th February 2015 to give enough time to register interest in the Group Buy.
  1. If you’re interested, please add your name to the list below prior to 8th Feb and indicate what products you’re interested in purchasing.
  2. We’d also need 3 members to be the designated delivery points, I’m happy to cover London / South East and then we can work out how to get the units onto the respective forum members possibly even saving on posting within the UK. If you’re in another part of the UK and are happy to be a distribution point please mention that too.
  3. Once we hit 15 people or enough interest for 15 units then I’ll post details of the Group Buy Code and we can all place our orders with Volvotech.
  4. All payments are to be made by the forum member/s directly to Volvotech individually, this keeps things much simpler.

Last edited by C320; Jan 8th, 2015 at 19:57. Reason: Added closing date for Group Buy registration
C320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 19:19   #2
C320

1. C320 - CFE - Happy to act as London / South East delivery hub
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 21:01   #3

2. 12345 cfe
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 13:29   #4
Simon Jones
Premier Member

3. Simon Jones: 1x CFE + 1x lead to connect video out from iMIV to RTI (exact part number to be confirmed) + 1x reversing camera lead (exact part number to be confirmed). I can be delivery contact to cover south / south west if required.
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon Jones For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 14:46   #5
Curly59

4. Curly59 CFE
Old Jan 10th, 2015, 15:00   #6
Stu Smith

5. Stu Smith. CFE
I'm between Bristol and Bath, happy to collect from Simon in Salisbury.
Stu Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2015, 22:29   #7
VivaLaVolvo

VivaLaVolvo - CFE.

I'll also be going for a RTI filter cable thingy to eliminate those annoying lines on the screen but that's not included in the discount. Hopefully it can be shipped for free though with the CFE.

Happy to receive order for North West. Also travel around a bit so can potentially deliver or meet closer to others.
VivaLaVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VivaLaVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2015, 22:56   #8
C320

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaVolvo View Post
VivaLaVolvo - CFE.

I'll also be going for a RTI filter cable thingy to eliminate those annoying lines on the screen but that's not included in the discount. Hopefully it can be shipped for free though with the CFE.

Happy to receive order for North West. Also travel around a bit so can potentially deliver or meet closer to others.
Yes, pretty sure they'll deliver stuff like the cables free with the CFEs. Thanks for volunteering to be the NW delivery point

9 more members (or pieces of kit) needed. I may possibly also buy either an iMIV unit or reverse camera kit so I may have two orders
The Following User Says Thank You to C320 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 11:42   #9
Theeggman

XC70 2005

Can the CFE be programmed off the car as my PC is tied to the wall indoors?

I may be looking at a CFE and reversing camera kit.

Thanks

Tim.
Theeggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:12   #10
C320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theeggman View Post
XC70 2005

Can the CFE be programmed off the car as my PC is tied to the wall indoors?

I may be looking at a CFE and reversing camera kit.

Thanks

Tim.
Yes, I believe it just needs to be a Windows machine. It doesn't need to be in the car, my understanding is that you connect the CFE to the PC and set the features you want and then plug it into the car.

You could confirm by contacting team@volvotech.eu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C320 For This Useful Post: