Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dirty rear doors.

Views : 21992

Replies : 109

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2020, 05:56   #71
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky13 View Post
Just fitted mine.
They aren’t a particularly great fit when the doors are closed there’s about a 3-5mm gap which is fairly obvious when looking at the car side on. I would have thought they’d fit more snug to the shape of the door curve.
Yeaah... i didn't say it in order to not hurt some feelings but it's true... it's not a good fit.

but bottom line... it works! that's the most important thing
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 13:39   #72
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky13 View Post
Just fitted mine.
They aren’t a particularly great fit when the doors are closed there’s about a 3-5mm gap which is fairly obvious when looking at the car side on. I would have thought they’d fit more snug to the shape of the door curve.
I can't complain about mine, maybe they are more noticeable on a lighter coloured car. 🤔
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (203.0 KB, 144 views)
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 15:49   #73
scw

Picked up and fitted a set to mine today. The offside fit is pretty much perfect, as per Bobby's picture above. The nearside has an obvious 5-6mm gap. Maybe some more fettling is required.

Did anyone else find the three plastic 10mm nuts to be a loose fit when screwing back in place? Mine never seemed to tighten up. Tempted to replace them with some decent nuts...

Steve
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 16:40   #74
Tresco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by scw View Post
Picked up and fitted a set to mine today. The offside fit is pretty much perfect, as per Bobby's picture above. The nearside has an obvious 5-6mm gap. Maybe some more fettling is required.

Did anyone else find the three plastic 10mm nuts to be a loose fit when screwing back in place? Mine never seemed to tighten up. Tempted to replace them with some decent nuts...

Steve
All mine was ok except one which wouldn't tighten back up..
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 19:32   #75
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:

Steve
All mine tighten up ok, finger tight only though. 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 22:10   #76
sdenner

Quote:

Steve
I found the same - some nuts are loose and won’t tighten. And the near side gap is much larger than offside despite trying multiple times to fit it.
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 08:29   #77
Milky74

Yep, mine are exactly the same, with gap on one side, and one the nuts was loose. But work all the same.
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 08:50   #78
shoppy

My loan Xc60 does not have them and drove to Grantham yesterday and back ad the side doors are filthy. Plus side my wife is looking at coming back to Volvo from her Evoque.
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 18:11   #79
scuba0576
VOC Member

Quote:

Steve
Mine are the same Steve. Offside perfect fit first time, but near side don’t fit half as well, despite “messing about with them” as my lovely wife calls it for about half an hour.
Rob
Old Jan 23rd, 2020, 11:48   #80
bobby2000
VOC Member

I have to agree with others, the n/s doesn't fit so well as o/s. Not that noticeable,
but it can't be adjusted, perhaps the wheel arch liner is thicker, that would make the difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post: