Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ph2 S/V40 Cruise Control Kit WANTED

Views : 2145

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 12:49   #11
gatos
Premier Member

You will need a rachet and a couple of spanners. There is no secret way to remove the bits..... Just put the drivers seat all the way back and get in the footwell as deep as you can. Expect a few scrapes, trying to access the bits. The clutch pedal bracket was the hardest to access in my opinion. If you are really struggling, try removing the dashboard (which is a big job too) and you will have plenty of access to all the cruise bits

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 23:50   #12
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Thanks Gatos. If I can get the bits tomorrow, then yippee. If I can't, I'll send a wee parts request for said bits! :-)
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 00:09   #13
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain again. Well, I began the prep to start fitting the cruise bits to my dad's V40, with the help of the very useful guide on here. However, when I removed the stereo to fit the small cruise control module, I couldn't find any spare wiring as the guide suggested. Again, when I went to fit the vacuum pump against the bulkhead, I had a look under the fuse box for a spare wiring connection which the guide said should be there...again, no spare wiring.
The car is a phase 2, Y registered V40 1.8S, and I was confident that it would be pre wired at the factory for cruise. Does anyone know if it might not be pre wired, or do I just need to look harder for the wiring?

Cheers guys,

Joe
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 08:18   #14
gatos
Premier Member

There might be a remote chance that the wiring is not there. Normally, it is hidden away taped with black insulation tame. If you can't find the wiring behind the radio (near the rear of the OBD2 connector), or under the engine bay fusebox or in the driver's footwell, then your car doesn't have the wiring pre-wired....

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 10:52   #15
dmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
There might be a remote chance that the wiring is not there. Normally, it is hidden away taped with black insulation tame. If you can't find the wiring behind the radio (near the rear of the OBD2 connector), or under the engine bay fusebox or in the driver's footwell, then your car doesn't have the wiring pre-wired....
It was really well hidden on mine... Look for a black taped up lump on the wiring harness and its hidden under that. Its a lump rather than an obvious connector I found. Mine for the radio one was hidden quite far up the harness and looped back into the depths of the dashboard. Between the two they must have used a roll of black insulating tape...

David.
dmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dmiller For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 23:09   #16
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Thanks Gatos and DMiller for your responses. I went up to the scrapyard today, and they had about 4/5 S/V40s in. Had a look under the fusebox on a non-cruise car, and the wiring connector for the vacuum pump taped against the fusebox wiring was pretty obvious to see, not so on my dad's 1.8 V40...
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 23:13   #17
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
It was really well hidden on mine... Look for a black taped up lump on the wiring harness and its hidden under that. Its a lump rather than an obvious connector I found. Mine for the radio one was hidden quite far up the harness and looped back into the depths of the dashboard. Between the two they must have used a roll of black insulating tape...

David.
Thanks David - this <may> be the case on ours, as at the top of the fusebox wiring is quite thickly covered in black tape, will have a look. Cheers again folks :-)
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 22:31   #18
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIAMBLUE View Post
Hi Joseph, we left everything in situ on the pedal box, so the buyer of these would find it easier and more straight forward to refit the cruise system, just in case it looks a bit daunting to you.

regards Gary.
Many thanks Gary. I was wondering if you have a full pedal set, as I am having difficulty removing them from the donor vehicle. I would require all 3 pedals, with the mounting brackets for the cut off switches if possible. How much would you be looking for, posted to central Scotland? Many thanks again, Joe
S40 1.6 (x2); 440 1.6i
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 22:57   #19
Matt86
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Martin View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain again. Well, I began the prep to start fitting the cruise bits to my dad's V40, with the help of the very useful guide on here. However, when I removed the stereo to fit the small cruise control module, I couldn't find any spare wiring as the guide suggested. Again, when I went to fit the vacuum pump against the bulkhead, I had a look under the fuse box for a spare wiring connection which the guide said should be there...again, no spare wiring.
The car is a phase 2, Y registered V40 1.8S, and I was confident that it would be pre wired at the factory for cruise. Does anyone know if it might not be pre wired, or do I just need to look harder for the wiring?

Cheers guys,

Joe
There's a chance my old v40 53 plate 1.8 wasn't prewired either. Gutting to find out but that's what happens unfortunately.

Car Photos
Matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 11:00   #20
SIAMBLUE
Premier Member

I have pm'ed you Joseph.

V70 P2 facelift D5 6sp manual E4 Sport SE Ocean Race Blue pearl (2005) 97k, standard.
SIAMBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote