Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine won't rev and hunts

Views : 21137

Replies : 509

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 15th, 2019, 23:02   #71
ANDTWENTY

So rock auto sell this one, it doesn't have any specs on the info of this one but has the original part number matching Volvos.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=912&jsn=912

I can get hold of the same one from amazon but again this doesn't have any specs on the item description.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/URO-Parts-3...8584178&sr=8-1
ANDTWENTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ANDTWENTY For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 23:22   #72
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDTWENTY View Post
So rock auto sell this one, it doesn't have any specs on the info of this one but has the original part number matching Volvos.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=912&jsn=912

I can get hold of the same one from amazon but again this doesn't have any specs on the item description.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/URO-Parts-3...8584178&sr=8-1
The Rock Auto one is likely to be quicker and cheaper, the Amazon one (same pump) comes from Germany.

Remember the original link i gave for Rock Auto? Any of those that say in-tank pump or similar should do it, not the high pressure ones.

Or just go for that Uro one, up to you.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 23:27   #73
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
The Rock Auto one is likely to be quicker and cheaper, the Amazon one (same pump) comes from Germany.

Remember the original link i gave for Rock Auto? Any of those that say in-tank pump or similar should do it, not the high pressure ones.

Or just go for that Uro one, up to you.
Aaaahh I didn't see the Germany bit 😏 how long did yours take from America, some of those come with all the seals and strainers and stuff so at least that's all together
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 00:37   #74
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Aaaahh I didn't see the Germany bit 😏 how long did yours take from America, some of those come with all the seals and strainers and stuff so at least that's all together
It was about a week, can't remember exactly and i know it was delayed because my postie went sick yet again. I know a friend of mine ordered his pump the day after i ordered mine and got it about 3 days before me because of my postie.

The other upside is unless you're fluent in German, any communications with the seller are easier with the USA as they sort of speak English - most of it's the same but a few words are different.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 08:27   #75
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
It was about a week, can't remember exactly and i know it was delayed because my postie went sick yet again. I know a friend of mine ordered his pump the day after i ordered mine and got it about 3 days before me because of my postie.

The other upside is unless you're fluent in German, any communications with the seller are easier with the USA as they sort of speak English - most of it's the same but a few words are different.
Blimey didn't think it would be that quick! just going to wait and see if my friend comes back from anything from Volvo but should imagine it'll be expensive! ill end up ordering the one from rock autos I imagine haha

Is the tank seal no good from them did you say? I noticed some of the kits have it in.

Is there any difference in quality between manufacturer? they all look the same and have the same specs but slightly different prices.

Last edited by ANDTWENTY; Sep 16th, 2019 at 09:15.
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 11:03   #76
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Blimey didn't think it would be that quick! just going to wait and see if my friend comes back from anything from Volvo but should imagine it'll be expensive! ill end up ordering the one from rock autos I imagine haha

Is the tank seal no good from them did you say? I noticed some of the kits have it in.

Is there any difference in quality between manufacturer? they all look the same and have the same specs but slightly different prices.
I seem to recall the pump for the other member i mentioned who got theirs from Volvo was about £180 - might be wrong but it was certainly well over £100 though.

None of the tank seals pictured look like the tank seal as far as i can see. This is what the right one looks like :

I kept the old one in the same bag so if i can find it i can give you the part number. If not, Volvo should be able to find it easily enough.

The one good thing about buying from Rock Auto (besides the prices of course) is that being the USA, people will sue for anything so they won't sell rubbish. They do have quite a good guarantee system according to the blurb on their website and from what i've worked out, most of the brands they sell are fairly well known stateside.
On the Airtex pump i bought, i needed clarification on something so emailed the Airtex Customer Service Dept - had a reply back early afternoon the next day (which was a Monday) and bearing in mind the time difference, they obviously attended to it first thing.

Old Sep 16th, 2019, 11:27   #77
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
I seem to recall the pump for the other member i mentioned who got theirs from Volvo was about £180 - might be wrong but it was certainly well over £100 though.

None of the tank seals pictured look like the tank seal as far as i can see. This is what the right one looks like :

I kept the old one in the same bag so if i can find it i can give you the part number. If not, Volvo should be able to find it easily enough.

The one good thing about buying from Rock Auto (besides the prices of course) is that being the USA, people will sue for anything so they won't sell rubbish. They do have quite a good guarantee system according to the blurb on their website and from what i've worked out, most of the brands they sell are fairly well known stateside.
On the Airtex pump i bought, i needed clarification on something so emailed the Airtex Customer Service Dept - had a reply back early afternoon the next day (which was a Monday) and bearing in mind the time difference, they obviously attended to it first thing.
Thats a fairly eye watering price! I wonder who makes it now though if its not Bosch? perhaps it could be bought without going through Volvo?

Ah okay that explains it then, I'll ask my mate if he can get me a tank seal from Volvo, if you do find the part number that would be handy but no worries if not.

Is the airtex one a good fit and everything then? if thats the one you went for I'm inclined to go for the same one.
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 11:59   #78
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Thats a fairly eye watering price! I wonder who makes it now though if its not Bosch? perhaps it could be bought without going through Volvo?

Ah okay that explains it then, I'll ask my mate if he can get me a tank seal from Volvo, if you do find the part number that would be handy but no worries if not.

Is the airtex one a good fit and everything then? if thats the one you went for I'm inclined to go for the same one.
Nobody as far as i'm aware, it was New Old Stock from GCP (Genuine Classic parts, part of Volvo) i think.

https://www.gcp.se/en/

The Airtex pump fitted as good, if not better that what came out. The only thing that didn't was the short rubber hose that was too small bore to fit and as the original on mine was in good condition, i simply reused that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 12:16   #79
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
Nobody as far as i'm aware, it was New Old Stock from GCP (Genuine Classic parts, part of Volvo) i think.

https://www.gcp.se/en/

The Airtex pump fitted as good, if not better that what came out. The only thing that didn't was the short rubber hose that was too small bore to fit and as the original on mine was in good condition, i simply reused that.
Heard back from my friend at Volvo, its £100 which is kind of tempting to a degree because its over here but they won't accept any returns on it as its old stock and there are no specs or anything on it but I'm guessing its an original part. That website has one too and its also about £100 but its from Sweden I believe and takes a while to come if its anything like the parts I've had to import before through Volvo.

He also said that they don't do the tank seal anymore, can't get hold of that through Volvo, is there anywhere else or ill have to reuse it?

the postage on the site says £17 but it will be here for Thursday 19th September! thats only 3 days, seems like a winner that haha

Last edited by ANDTWENTY; Sep 16th, 2019 at 12:22.
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 12:34   #80
ANDTWENTY

DONE! It's on its way and should be here for Thursday!

Just need to track down the tank seal now...
would the old one be any good do you think?