Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50/S40 2004-07 Pre-facelift Egg Crate Grille

Views : 10057

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 22:27   #41
cramhurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
You are a chancer and you were taking the 'P EYE Double S'!! Trying it on and wanting to rip someone off £150 for a damaged grille??? You say that is not being a chancer, especially when it is over 50% more than what you paid for it in the first place??

People are completely mad for paying what they did for yours off ebay but you certainly didn't get the £150 you were wanting for it on here did you?? There will be another one in a week or two far better condition.

I like to think on this forum we try and help each other out and NOT just try and make as much profit as we can by ripping people off. When I sold my waterfall grille when I upgraded to an eggcrate because I no longer needed it I sold it for £20, that was because it helped another forum member off here out. I bought my eggcrate grille off another member on here and because they didn't need it anymore and they sold it to me for £45 and that one was MINT! They done that because they didn't need it and again just helping out another forum member (me) and NOT ripping them off trying it on at £150!

You on the other hand were helping nobody out but trying to get a big fat profit out of damaged goods, NOT even in MINT condition, what an absolute DISGRACE!

So you are still a chancer!!

Hope you feel better for your rant.

You ought to speak to the board owner and get the section changed from 'Sales' to 'Charity', then your arguement might stand.
cramhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:30   #42
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramhurst View Post
Hope you feel better for your rant.

You ought to speak to the board owner and get the section changed from 'Sales' to 'Charity', then your arguement might stand.
BYE BYE its a GTI....

Don't let the door smack you on the way out!

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 09:01   #43
cramhurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
BYE BYE its a GTI....

Don't let the door smack you on the way out!

Would that be the post office door as I send my grille to my satisfied buyer? Or the door of the bank after I withdraw my £95.96?

If the buyer is reading this thread, then thank you, you have proved my point about it being worth what it's worth and I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the result as I was when I had it. If you have trouble fitting it, ask Lee for some tips he was very helpful and friendly :-)
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 17:24   #44
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Matey, you got what got for it (yes I was suprised) but it wasn't the £150 you were trying to get for it from your sale on here? £150 was extrotionate and in my eyes an inappropriate amount to be asking for the item in the first place, even if you did expect to get knocked down slightly.

I wish you all the best with your Golf, we are all entitled to have a difference in opinion but I'm certainly not going to be bitter and twisted about it. Hope your Golf is good to you and the VAG forum is as good as this one.

Take it easy, you will always be welcome to both stay and continue as not everyone on here has got a Volvo or indeed if you come back to Volvo in the future then drop back in again at that point in time - whatever suits your needs.

Take care and happy motoring!

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 00:25   #45
cramhurst

It occurred to me that the large number of watchers and bids was probably in part due to the profile raised by your posts so I should thank you for helping raise interest in my auction :-)

I hope you & everyone else has less woes with their V50s than I did, was a lovely car but unreliable and expensive to maintain, I'm afraid to say it has put me off Volvo's for life.

I traded it in as I wasn't happy selling it privately, I hope it gets fixed up by a dealer and goes to a good home. I might hang around here just to see if it pops up on the site!
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 18:37   #46
850Chris
Premier Member

Just back from 10 days in the sun and catching up on the forums. Surprised to see what this grill went for in the end. Well done Cranford! Just goes to prove the old adage that something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

With regards comments along the lines of 'people not knowing what they're talking about' thought I'd attach a screenshot of my Ebay account showing what I got my A1 condition OEM S40 grill for (£43.99 including P+P). In my eyes this is more what these grills are worth (although I am Scottish and an Invernesian living in Fife at that!!!!).

Cranford - enjoy the GTI. One of my mates has an Edition 30 and loves it. Great cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (94.1 KB, 21 views)

2004 V50 T5 SE Manual

Now sold, off to BMW land for a while.
850Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 17:11   #47
sdraper90

you still got the cup holder? is it the one that goes next to the hand brake instead of the storage thing?
sdraper90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 19:35   #48
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdraper90 View Post
you still got the cup holder? is it the one that goes next to the hand brake instead of the storage thing?
Them cupholders (centre console) are only £15 - £18 from a dealer. Give Rufe a call at FRF Motors, I bought a set for mine when I very first got my car as I had the really old style with 4 stupid stick out tabs as opposed to the 5 or 6 rubber flaps per holder (newer style).

HTH,

The Following User Says Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:52   #49
GazT4
Diesel Power

I bought my mint grille for £50 off a member, thats the going rate on here. Just shows Ebay is good for some things after all. (Either that or his mates bid it up to look like theyve proven you guys wrong?)

GazT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GazT4 For This Useful Post: