Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

central locking & alarm

Views : 1397

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2019, 22:21   #1
Alker

Question central locking & alarm

Ive recently acquired this v50 2008. and am working throiugh some electrical gremlins,. apart from the srs airbag internal fault , ( which im makign inroads int sorting ) , i have two keys which start the car , but have no communications atall with the vehicle . no open , close , see me home lights , nothing .. the central locking works inside the car on a doorswitch, but no transmit atall.. also seems the alarm doesnt work either. Ive had my cem checked , apparaently no issue . ive aquired vida , and akm getting my head round diagnostics .. so started looking for likely codes etc .. Was expectting to see the RRX module , is his correct ? , also note this is normally linked to the SCM moddule .. but cant see them on vida..
Am i barking up the wrong tree ?,, The hunt is on to solve this... any pointers appreciated .. Alker
Alker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2019, 23:24   #2
SimonP2

I'm in the same position and would also like to know. I have searched far and wide but haven't found a solution except for an expensive trip to the dealer for a new key.
I have tried:
The method of disconnecting the battery which I can't remember but it can be found on the internet - didn't work for me.
Sending the key off to get it repaired - didn't work
SimonP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 09:45   #3
Alker

Hi simon , Do neither of your keys work ?
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 11:45   #4
Weetabixv50

I collected an 05 v50 2.0d yesterday and I'm having the same problem, both remotes start the car but neither lock it etc, also the transport/factory mode is on, how do I deactivate this as it maybe the issue.
Weetabixv50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 13:00   #5
AndrasL

Silly question, but you did make sure that the remote battery is good, right?
AndrasL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 15:01   #6
Weetabixv50

Yes, changed both batteries.
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 08:07   #7
Alker

Weetabix , any joy with your problem ? I did some more diagnostic s yesterday and whipped out the siren control module to check the batteries inside. They were flat, but not corroded etc. And it seems to be taking a charge and treading over 7.2v .. which leads me to conclude that it may not be getting a charge.. will check fuse and earth today from f56 at cem, and wiring etc... Hoping I'm homing in on the fault... You had any joy ?
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 08:09   #8
Alker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetabixv50 View Post
I collected an 05 v50 2.0d yesterday and I'm having the same problem, both remotes start the car but neither lock it etc, also the transport/factory mode is on, how do I deactivate this as it maybe the issue.

From research, This would prevent this issue, did you manage to turn off how do you know it's on ?
Old Jan 13th, 2020, 16:32   #9
Weetabixv50

Not yet, I've tried disconnecting the battery neg only and pis only and completely, also reconnect with key in position 1 and 2 and no key, all theories failed to reset transport/factory mode.
I now have it booked into a garage to sort on Wednesday.
I'll let you know the result.
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 20:38   #10
Alker

Weetabix .. any joy today.?
The Following User Says Thank You to Alker For This Useful Post: