Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1996 850 2.5 10V manual for sale £600

Views : 818

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 18:09   #1
indigo

Default 1996 850 2.5 10V manual for sale £600

I bought a 850 just before Christmas. Although the seller said it was perfect it turns out it needed some work once I got it home. I've been fixing it bit by bit but friend has offered me another car I'm interested in but I don't have the driveway space. I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in this car.

Its a 1996 850 2.5 10v manuel, it's olive with a half leather interior.

It has 137k on the clock and will need a few bits doing but I think it has a lot of life left in it. One wing is bubbling, the corner of the bonnet has some chipped paint and the tail gate has a dent but the body is really solid.

I've done the basic filters, plugs and oil. Fitted a volvo thermostat, fitted a working radio in the correct colour (volvo double din with cassette and cd). The glove box latch broke but I've fitted the new bits so it opens and closes. And I've fitted a replacement dome light. It also has new filler neck clamps as they had rotten through.

The interior is fairly clean but the drivers seat bolster is damaged in the normal spot.

The sunroof is jammed shut with a bit of wood. The head liner needs to come down then the whole unit can be swapped out for another p80 chassis volvo sunroof like a c70. Its a job for the summer otherwise I'm worried the plastics will all break easier. Or leave it alone it does not leak.

The ABS light was on but now has been fixed with the help of a forum member.

It does have the factory spoiler and sporty alloys so if you look at it quickly you can mistake it for a T5.

It also has every tax disc and mot since it was new neatly in a binder!

So right after uploading the photo the car stalled and ran rough to the point when it would maintain a idle. Then after 5 minutes left off it ran absolutely perfect.

This happened once or twice when I first got it but after the tune up it had not happened again. I assumed the plugs solved it.

It only happened when the car is idling and warm (I've checked the coolant temp sensor) annoyingly it does not throw engine management code as well.

I simply left it for 5 minutes too cool down and it ran absolutely perfect. I don't understand what's happening as I can drive for ages perfect and even in stop start traffic but when I let the car idle for longer then 5 minutes when warm it this happens. Maybe it's a fuel pump or a cam sensor starting to fail?

I've purchased another and still have a 940 so the 850 has to go. Its located in Northamptonshire!

I'm happy to answer Any questions photos to follow!
indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 18:13   #2
indigo

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 18:21   #3
indigo

And of course it has Mot till late July, never been written off, I'm the third owner and the full v5 is present along with every mot and tax disc from new!
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 15:49   #4
indigo

Sold.