Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 T8 or XC90 T8?

Views : 695

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 16th, 2020, 00:19   #1
56Doc

Question V90 T8 or XC90 T8?

Hi folks,

Just wondered if anyone here can help:
I’m considering moving to one of the other above models. (Cant use diesel, daily mileage will just clog a dpf, so I’ve had to go petrol/hybrid/phev.

I’ve read some bad reports recently on XC90 reliability, with Which? Magazine asking if the XC90 was the UKs least reliable car - mostly software issues causing the car to lose all power or just not start.

Anyone had similar issues with either model?

Also, the data on expected fuel consumption for the 2 models is inconsistent considering they have identical drivetrains!

What sort of mpg do you guys get from the V90 T8 and XC90T8 please?

I’d prefer the extra ground clearance of the XC but the other factors above might swing me to the V90.

Cheers

56Doc
56Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 11:57   #2
dling

With T8 you cannot have a consistent result about mpg. It depends so much on the type of rides. I live in a city where most of the times the 30km I can do on battery are enough. This means all my city trips are full electric and I only use petrol when I get out of town. I’m not using my car for commuting and currently my average mpg is between 47 and 50, every refill. If I would only drive in the city it would be infinitely....

Regarding XC vs V, I’ve been driving an SUV for the past 10 years and although I enjoy the benefit of seeing the road from above, I kind of miss the reduced wind noise and lower center of gravity of the estates. If I would buy a new car today I would get a V90 CC, I guess it’s the best compromise.
dling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 12:43   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Doc View Post
Hi folks,

Just wondered if anyone here can help:
I’m considering moving to one of the other above models. (Cant use diesel, daily mileage will just clog a dpf, so I’ve had to go petrol/hybrid/phev.

I’ve read some bad reports recently on XC90 reliability, with Which? Magazine asking if the XC90 was the UKs least reliable car - mostly software issues causing the car to lose all power or just not start.

Anyone had similar issues with either model?

Also, the data on expected fuel consumption for the 2 models is inconsistent considering they have identical drivetrains!

What sort of mpg do you guys get from the V90 T8 and XC90T8 please?

I’d prefer the extra ground clearance of the XC but the other factors above might swing me to the V90.

Cheers

56Doc
It depends if you NEED the extra row of seats or if you often carry furniture , if not go for the V90..

The WHICH report was flawed volvo got back to them with the true facts .
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 15:55   #4
56Doc

Default Mpg & Reliability

Thanks guys,

Dling, apologies, wrong question, what I should have asked is:

What sort of mpg do you get on a long run when it’s just working as a ‘normal’ or ‘self charging hybrid’?

I’m currently driving a merc c350e, nice car, not much luggage space very small ev battery, so only about 8-12 miles. But! I ave 56-60mpg on local runs and 42 on a long run when it’s working as a plain hybrid. (the standard petrol gets about 35-37 max).

Clan, thanks for that, hopefully we’ll see an update from Which? On the reliability.

I don’t NEED 7 seats but I do prefer SUVs because it’s easier for my mother to get in & out of (she’s 85 & going strong &#128513 and when I can get out paddling again, tend to take a lot of kit!

Thanks again guys

Doc
56Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 21:23   #5
dling

I’ve never seen such good numbers on my car. And note that I drive an XC60 not the 90. I attached a screenshot from a recent longer trip. Outside temp was around 0; most of the trip was on highway at about 80mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E701404F-01F0-4B37-88E8-5346C5878C3C.jpg (38.7 KB, 26 views)
dling is offline   Reply With Quote