Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MARHAM TRACK DAY 12th April 2008

Views : 14732

Replies : 196

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2008, 22:05   #1
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Talking MARHAM TRACK DAY 12th April 2008

YEY!!!! It's that time again. This years season is underway and I'd like to invite you all down to RAF Marham for a fun day out, all for charity.

It's £70 for the day and this gets you a baby smooth operationally active runway and pery tracks for you to play with. The track is a coned off circuit consisting of a hairpin some twisties a long straight into a challenging complex right in front of the crowd then onto a long sweeping high speed bend then onto the legendary runway for a top speed blast then into a very high speed sweeping bend down to another complex. The total length is 3 miles and is a VERY high quality surface. Also for your £70 you get full fire and medical back up, toilet and shelter facilities and food will be sold to keep your senses sharp!!

The price includes up to 4 people per car and it runs from 9 - 5pm so you'll run out of fuel before you run out of time.

At the moment we have 10 places for the Volvo Forum but if I get loads of interest I'll increase this number.

This year, due to the high drop out rate, we're having to ask for the money upfront before we will hold the place for you.

Please send the following details to me by the 4th March and I will add you to the list.

A cheque for £70 made Payable to Service funds RAF Marham. signed and dated with your name and car details written on the rear.

I also require the following info on a covering note for all drivers and passengers;

E-mail Address,
Name,
Address,
Date of birth,
Place of birth,
Passport or equivalent number,
Car Colour/Reg/Make and Type.

Please post the above by the 4th March to

Cpl Denman 303,
TCS,
RAF Marham,
Kings Lynn,
NORFOLK,
PE33 9NP.

Once I have all of the above I will Send you the entry pack via E-mail.

Thank you and remember it ALL goes to charity.

PS, yes,,, the price has gone up from £60 but this is due to the MOD charging more for use of the airfield,,,, Yes we have to pay to use our own airfield!!!!! Plus the insurance is steadily going skyward...

Once again, thanks.

DSC_0123-web.jpg

George.

Last edited by Georgey dee; Jan 16th, 2008 at 22:54. Reason: Add Photo
Georgey dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 03:22   #2
s60ben
Master Member

I'll come for sure

Stuff in the post today lol

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:16   #3
Alec Dawe
Former Support Team

I'd like to come for the day, but not to take part in the track event. I'm too old, reactions too slow, and dare nor risk any damage to my car from any cause, but I'd like to spectate, photo and possibly film.
Is there any sort of reduced rate for just spectating, or is it still the full £70
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:08   #4
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Dawe View Post
I'd like to come for the day, but not to take part in the track event. I'm too old, reactions too slow, and dare nor risk any damage to my car from any cause, but I'd like to spectate, photo and possibly film.
Is there any sort of reduced rate for just spectating, or is it still the full £70
I wondered the same last year and the answer was no... however if you are sneaky and pre-arrange it (because of the security needs etc)... someone who is already going will no doubt let you jump in the car with them, I'd have no real objections to anyone wanting to do that......

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:40   #5
dodgyken
Master Member

Despite the slow arrival of the DVD I should be able to fit this into my calendar - I will have to double check when I am away this year to know if it fits in.

For some photos look at - www.hardmeier.net/Marham2007

George may not like this - but Googles maps and an editor can be quite helpful

dodgyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:34   #6
stusT5
850 t5 and r owner

I hope to be there george it'l be touch and go as to wether the t5 is ready by then i am hoping to get her finnished by end of march is there any special licence etc i will need cheers
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 13:15   #7
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Dawe View Post
Sorry Alec but we're only allowing participants in as the security check does cost the RAF Money (not taken out of the charity money). Also the insurance doesn't cover spectators so you would have to sign the track indemnity and pay for a place.

Once again Sorry

George
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 13:43   #8
irf

gonna think about this. there's two ways to look at it i suppose. either a good preparation for the ring trip in june or the track that breaks my car and prevents me going to the ring in june!

how many people in total will there be and do i have to be a fully paid up member of voc?
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 16:06   #9
Marrk

George,
Book me and Mike down again please as definites, we have always done the full weekend as its a long haul from where we are based so will I need to book sunday places on other forums i.e Pistonheads, which we are members of also, or can you sort out some sunday places.

Mark - Saab 9000 Aero, both days if possible
Mike - 2.1 Pinto MK or Saab 9000 Aero, both days if possible.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 16:35   #10
Wobbly Dave

George count me in as a Definite.

Just need to get my passport number from home.

Last edited by Wobbly Dave; Jan 17th, 2008 at 16:53.
Wobbly Dave is offline   Reply With Quote