Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Next Irish Meet - Glenshane Mountain Pass - 14th Dec. 2008

Views : 4100

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 01:09   #21
craig8661
Master Member

ok who do you want to visit
with bonnie
where keeping sophie and poss casper sophie black casper white

NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER any information i give is soley on my own findings and mess ups
craig8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craig8661 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 01:22   #22
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

Craig, they are so cute! Bring Sophie and Casper although be warned you might be going home with neither when the missus lays eyes on them!
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 02:25   #23
craig8661
Master Member

lol will do nearly ended up having a operation at the caursway hospital on the sunday but got out of it but in a week on sat we now only have 3 pups left out of 9 that arnt sold

NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER any information i give is soley on my own findings and mess ups
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 19:19   #24
ovlov25
Premier Member

Hi all

I should be there OK in my somewhat dirty T5 I might have to bail out half way through, will see what I have on this sunday.
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 20:05   #25
craig8661
Master Member

im going to be there but not sure if the jeep will be washed as working tomorrow at the race yard and at a point to point on sat but may be done by half day so will try to get it cleaned out then

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 23:19   #26
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov25 View Post
Hi all

I should be there OK in my somewhat dirty T5 I might have to bail out half way through, will see what I have on this sunday.
It would be good to see you, even if it's only for the start - just don't go out drinking on Saturday!!
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 00:24   #27
Ben O Brien

I wont be able to make this unfortunately as ive just logged on today after too long! But i will be at the next meet for definite and i will have something interesting with me. Nice to see the Irish scene is still to the good, ever expanding and the usual faces are keeping well.

Regards,
Ben

*WTD: Rare 240/242 Parts, please pm if you have anything*
Ben O Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 11:44   #28
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben O Brien View Post
I wont be able to make this unfortunately as ive just logged on today after too long! But i will be at the next meet for definite and i will have something interesting with me. Nice to see the Irish scene is still to the good, ever expanding and the usual faces are keeping well.

Regards,
Ben
I look forward to meeting you at the next meet then!

LAST REMINDER for tomorrow guys encase there are any last minute readers!

I really must pull myself away from the computer to wash the cars.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 21:01   #29
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

I sure hope everyone enjoyed the meet today? It was fortunate the weather was good for us going over the mountain pass, minus the shower of light hail which left my arm very numb trying to take pictures!!

I'm sorry to hear of those that couldn't make the meet at such short notice; always the next one to look forward to!

The dinner was surprising; they were short staffed today so I think they were glad we were down on numbers - that said, the food was still great but the bill was even greater - or should that be lesser? £45 to feed 7 and we had the drinks thrown in! Kirsty and I are going to head down there some night for a meal over Christmas. It's a pretty cool restaurant also!

Thanks to Andy (NI_Volvo_Nut), Craig (craig8661) and Mark (mchudd) for helping out when the 245 decided the mountain pass was enough! First my horn went, then the indicators flashed fast and slow when indicating, dash lights went out and then the radio dies before the car finally comes to a stop over a bridge! Anyway, she died a second time half a mile round the corner from home, the worst about that was I knew it was going to happen!! She's dew her yearly (and a half!) service so I'll have my mechanic sort out the alternator for me. I appreciate the lend of the jump leads Mark.

Clickity click for pictures!

Roll on the next meet, which will probably be myself and Craigs' last ( ), providing it's in January sometime! Any of the Irish members have any ideas for a meet?

Craig / Helen, the pups are lovely - I really wanted to take Casper home!!

Mark, your 360 GLT is awesome, one of the nicest I've ever seen. I'd love an example like that.

Last edited by DarrenK; Dec 14th, 2008 at 21:04.
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 22:03   #30
craig8661
Master Member

it was a great day and the food fantastic im not sure on january yet as even this one could have been the last one the pups loved the day out and i will sort photos out from our camara later. it was a good run over the mountains and i enjoyed it.
andy great pleasure to meet you again.mark was very nice to meet you today im going to chase after that other 340 saloon thats sat in the harbour it will make helen a good first car and also i may be looking at making one a diesel im wondering if i could get the 2.4 dtic engine with turbo under the bonet

Tags
ireland, irish, meet, meeting, volvo