Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo UK World Record Attempt March 2019

Views : 91962

Replies : 257

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 30th, 2019, 09:31   #131
cadaron
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Can't be any worse than the M62 on a Friday afternoon...
The difference is that you have insurance on the m62.
It will be a great day though and perhaps interesting at times. just wish there was more time allowed to wander around and look at the volvos. Wont get this many together again for a long while.
cadaron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cadaron For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 18:18   #132
DavePM

Default SPRING forward......

- Don't forget y'all, clocks SPRING forward an hour tonight - it'd be such a shame to miss the opportunity to be a record breaker due to an alarm clock going off an hour late..... I'm actually not going to sleep tonight for fear of getting it wrong........ ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Tomorrow....TOMORRRRRROW!!!! yay, cannae wait
DavePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2019, 18:34   #133
P156KWJ

Wish I could have made it today but at work unfortunately! Whoever passed me on my break just now in their black V70 with a flag in the window for the event, cheers for reminding me
P156KWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2019, 20:22   #134
XCR
Master Member

Myself, the missus and our teenage son had a great time looking around the endless amazing collection of Volvos and chatting to some interesting characters.

Has anyone got a final number yet ? As we went round the track my son spotted a car numbered 1400......so the record must be smashed !

What a turnout !

Edit..........1438 cars ! A New World Record !
Can you spot yourself or someone you know ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf-I56tQr00

Last edited by XCR; Mar 31st, 2019 at 20:24.
XCR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2019, 22:38   #135
skippyfox
VOC Member

Yep spotted my car. About half way down the line up near to the rank of caravans. Like I've said, a bit like the M62 on a Friday afternoon, but a damn sight more entertaining. Well done to all that turned up and the organizers of the event. Hope all had a safe trip home.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 00:13   #136
buzzman

What a great day!
I've never experienced anything quite like it before, & doubt I will again for a long time.

Saw some amazing cars, it was great to see such a mix of people too from whole families in their family work horse, to those who have the extra Volvo genes! Who came in the cars they have tuned, & spent many an hour creating.

Some memorable highlights....

- Seeing so many V60 Polestars lined up prior to entering the main ground.

- Sitting in my car stationary on the track waiting to go while columns of cars next to me were zooming past at the start. Wacky races sprung to mind! All car types from standard to highly customised with the occupants all concentrating on keeping up with the car they were tasked with following!

- The traffic jam! But not just any type, one giant Volvo one! & where everyone was still having a great time, my brother & i included.

Many thanks to everyone involved in putting on such a great event.

Last edited by buzzman; Apr 1st, 2019 at 00:16.
buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buzzman For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 07:53   #137
Dippydog
Premier Member

A little more "free" time to have a more in depth look at the cars would have been nice,but otherwise a great day out and a great turnout-congratulations to all who attended.Do we have official confirmation of the record yet?
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 08:19   #138
Welton
Premier Member

I enjoyed the day too, and still displaying my number today! I wondered if the hosts were a bit overwhelmed at the turn out? there was a fair amount of stoppages and traffic jams going on.

I'd imagined a nice cruise around the track in large groups but I think the numbers were just too great, the 'bends' caused a bottle neck for sure.

I think it would have benefited from starting earlier in the day giving more time to stroll around and maybe putting the cars into their respective groups first (although I can see you'd need a lot of space to group everyone like that).

All in all I'm glad I went and glad to say I took part in the event. Still can't get over the amount of C30's there!
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Welton For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 08:53   #139
HelenK

We arrived at 1pm but the numbers ‘had already run out’ so can anyone say whether we will get a number ‘in the post’ as a memento of the day? We were told were about number 1700 but the record was 1483. So can some-one clarify- was 1483 the total number of Volvos on the airfield or just those measured in one mile. Many thanks.
HelenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 10:36   #140
XCR
Master Member

Plenty of police were in attendance

I asked this guy what time the 'Show 'n' Shine' started....

I didn't see too many the same colour as mine....

There were some magnificent classic examples....

I'm so glad we made the journey (though nothing like the distance many had travelled !) as we had plenty of time to chat and look at some amazing cars....the Fish n Chips were lovely too and there was genuine excitement at the off .....I think, though......for the next one.....we're gonna need a
MUCH bigger track !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGTGXikwqcM

Last edited by XCR; Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:56.
XCR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR For This Useful Post:

Tags
guinness world record, meet, volvo