Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any V60 Momentum/Momentum Pro Owners?

Views : 1100

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2018, 18:51   #1
roundyuk

Default Any V60 Momentum/Momentum Pro Owners?

Hey guys anyone on here with the above? I have an MY19 which sounds like someone fitted 20-year-old shocks to the rear. When I hit short sharp harsh bumps it really knocks at the rear, it’s the noise I would associate with a duff top mount or knackered shock.

I am going to mention it to the dealer when she’s in for her 3k check - but just wanted to see if anyone else has the same ready for that, “nah, can’t hear nuffin mate” conversation...
roundyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 19:21   #2
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundyuk View Post
Hey guys anyone on here with the above? I have an MY19 which sounds like someone fitted 20-year-old shocks to the rear. When I hit short sharp harsh bumps it really knocks at the rear, it’s the noise I would associate with a duff top mount or knackered shock.

I am going to mention it to the dealer when she’s in for her 3k check - but just wanted to see if anyone else has the same ready for that, “nah, can’t hear nuffin mate” conversation...
Sorry, I cant comment on your suspension.

3K check? I don't know about that. Am I missing something?
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 21:30   #3
simonh9

Quote:

Mine borders on that kind of sound from the rear left especially. It's something I'll ask them to check at inspection certainly.
simonh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 22:21   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklij View Post
Sorry, I cant comment on your suspension.

3K check? I don't know about that. Am I missing something?
I think the OP meant to say "3 Month" check!
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 22:50   #5
roundyuk

Yeah, it’s 3k miles or 3 months...
roundyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 23:10   #6
Crockers
Premier Member

Or whenever you want it done. It's very flexible.
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 20:38   #7
simonh9

Quote:

A while back I realise, but did anything get fixed at your 3 month check?

I've got mine in 2 weeks and have asked them to look at the noise. It's not horrific, but does sound like a top mount on its way out (though hasn't actually deteriorated since new)
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 21:29   #8
roundyuk

Hey, unfortunately I am still going through the pain of getting something sorted.

When it was in the techs were like "sounds like a bad shock/mount" and swapped them sides, but it didn't make a difference. They then took out another V60 which sounded kind of the same (even I went out in it when I collected mine) - but IMHO still didn't sound right for a nearly 40k car!

I've since had the car back in as I am really not happy with it, I've even provided them with sound clips; this time they admitted they can hear it, but only once or twice. The noise to me is very clear when the car is first used from cold, in fact sometimes you can almost hear whatever it is proper rattling about rather than just a clonk every now and then. The dealer has asked me to drop the car off one night and then grab a lift in with my brother so we can all go out in it from cold the next morning.

I did say to the service manager that really they need to be getting some dialogue going with Volvo UK so they can obtain advice. The service manager was like "they'll just ask me what we've done" - I said, "well for a start you can say they've swapped the shocks!"

Some dealers can be very frustrating at times when it comes to more complex issues, but I kind of feel sorry for them as its a PITA to diagnose, and they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, because if they can't "fault it out" they don't get paid from Volvo UK - which I think is even more reason for Volvo UK getting involved so the dealer isn't wasting money swapping stuff out!

Here is another little sound bite I did this morning going out of my road, same thing every time I hit this particular hole from cold without fail.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhYNTewtlZhXiMIWhXjKH7H91fF0Aw
The Following User Says Thank You to roundyuk For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2019, 21:30   #9
simonh9

Cheers for the reply. Sorry you're not getting anywhere though. I've got my check tomorrow, so will see if they say anything. I'm sure Volvo will know about the issue, but whether there's a fix or not is another thing
Old Mar 28th, 2019, 11:54   #10
roundyuk

So I am still persevering with this issue; after being a bit "cagey" the dealer heard my sound clips and asked me to drop the car off late one evening and then come back in AM so we could all go out in it (worked fine as my brother works at the dealership).

The two techs have confirmed they can now hear it, and they agree it's not right - sounds like a knackered shock or similar. The dealer agreed to order replacement shocks and go from there.

I kicked off though (through my brother) as in my mind they should both be replaced seeing the dealer has already switched them round! Needless to say they've ordered two now.

Will keep you posted, being fitted next week.