Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 960/V90 estate wanted

Views : 999

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 23rd, 2019, 14:12   #1
black t top

Default Volvo 960/V90 estate wanted

Hi guys, anyone looking to part with their 960 or V90 estate? Only interested in the mk2 960 or the V90 with thin front headlights (I love the early 960's but no passenger airbags in them sadly).

Must be an automatic (I think 99% of them are anyway) ideally with leather, a dog guard, load cover and load tray, although we could swap those over from or current 940. Not fussed about the color, I haven't seen one in a color I didn't like yet, not one in the original paint anyway haha!

We already have a lovely 940 estate but since our little girl is getting bigger, we are looking to upgrade to something with airbags in the front passenger side. It's my wifes car and she really wants another 9 series, I think only the mk2 960/V90 has the passenger airbag, so if anyone has a good one and might want to sell it, let me know

We're in Glasgow, but prepared to travel for the right car. Incidentally if you fancy a 1996 940 LPT Auto we'll have a really nice one for sale once we get the new car bought!

Cheers, Alastair.
black t top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 14:29   #2
griston64
Premier Member

Also in Glasgow so could well be interested in the 940 when you sell

Cheers, Mark
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 19:37   #3
atco

Default v90

Quote:
Originally Posted by black t top View Post
Hi guys, anyone looking to part with their 960 or V90 estate? Only interested in the mk2 960 or the V90 with thin front headlights (I love the early 960's but no passenger airbags in them sadly).

Must be an automatic (I think 99% of them are anyway) ideally with leather, a dog guard, load cover and load tray, although we could swap those over from or current 940. Not fussed about the color, I haven't seen one in a color I didn't like yet, not one in the original paint anyway haha!

We already have a lovely 940 estate but since our little girl is getting bigger, we are looking to upgrade to something with airbags in the front passenger side. It's my wifes car and she really wants another 9 series, I think only the mk2 960/V90 has the passenger airbag, so if anyone has a good one and might want to sell it, let me know

We're in Glasgow, but prepared to travel for the right car. Incidentally if you fancy a 1996 940 LPT Auto we'll have a really nice one for sale once we get the new car bought!

Cheers, Alastair.
ive got a v90 that im thinking of getting rid of due to a suspected head going but not to shore about .although im down in cardiff .was going to get it done but i might just let it go now for repair
atco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 23:09   #4
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I like both the 960 and V90, the early 960 has the best cams, locker diff but the V90 feels more refined with its IRS suspension.

You mention your little one getting older and passenger air bags. Air bags are a killer for children under 12(ish) so if children use the front seats make sure the air bag is turned off
https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...ag-Safety.aspx
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 10:43   #5
black t top

Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

Mark, no probs, I'll drop you a message when we eventually find a replacement, we're in Dumbarton, just outside Glasgow, so not far from you in Lenzie!

Atco, appreciate the offer, but I'm wanting one that's not needing anything major done to it, we've just spent over £1,000 on our 940 having the suspension replaced, full service and the autobox fluids done, plus the waterpump and brakes done, so it's a well sorted car, looking for the same for whatever we buy.

Classicswede, Oh you are quite right, she wont be big enough to go in the front just yet, but my sister in laws kids can and it gives us more flexibility. Also, whoever ordered our 940, went for the best engine, with an autobox and the heavy duty suspension, also ordered a dog guard, load cover and boot tray, but basically didn't tick any other options, so wind up windows all round, no a/c, basic cloth trim ect.....which is odd for a late car. Anyway, my wife would like the power windows ect and if I'm going to get another one, may as well be the 960 so its got the airbags for the future.

I've had 940's and 760's for over 15yrs now, my wife laughed at my old 940 as she had a Punto before we got married and now she only wants to drive 900 estates, shes been converted!

So yeah, a V90 would be ideal for us.....if we can find a good one! Seen a few on Ebay but either the mileage is getting up there (I know they can do it, but not really wanting to start at over 150K for a car we plan to keep forever). There's a nice burgundy one on Ebay just now, with apparently 55K miles, but when you mot check it online its actually got almost 120K on it, so a bit suspicious as I'd have to buy it blind and have it delivered.
The Following User Says Thank You to black t top For This Useful Post:
Old May 28th, 2019, 19:39   #6
ThePurplePanther
Member at Large

I have a friend about to put his up for sale.

Silver, v90 auto (all v90's are auto i think, believe the m90 option died when the name swapped from 960 to v90 but happy to be corrected).

Just been fully serviced and cambelt-ed (friend is a mechanic) and is only selling due to being given a 'broken' e320 cdi that was an easy fix - and he is a disel fan (for some reason )

Now the downside - we are in southampton so couldn't really get much further away. Could always pic you up for the airport though...

Plan is to take some pics this week (when the weather makes up it's mind for more than 10 mins!)

Not sure on the mileage but will find out.

Any possible use?

PP
ThePurplePanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 14:46   #7
black t top

Hi Purple Panther, yes I'd be interested in that depending on mileage, condition ect. Yeah the distance is a bit of a problem, but could be shipped up if its the right car, or like you say, could get a cheap flight down and bring it back up.

I'm away on holiday just now, back a week tomorrow, so if you can send me over some pics and the mileage ect that's be great. Can you also find out if its got Nivomats on the back, any history and both sets of keys/fobs.....and an idea of what he's wanting for it.

Ha, funnily enough I was thinking about an Merc E320 estate too, also thought about an E61 BMW tourer, but my wife would rather stick to the 900 shape Volvos. I've got an old S320 CDI and an 82 Trans-Am thats getting slowly, very slowly, restored.....the 3.2 is a nice diesel, I get almost 60mpg out the Merc on the motorway, it'll bankruptcy me when it eventually has a serious problem, but so far just been a couple of suspension level sensors and a wishbone that failed....oh and a broken injector bolt, that hurt!
Old May 31st, 2019, 22:45   #8
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurplePanther View Post
(all v90's are auto i think, believe the m90 option died when the name swapped from 960 to v90 but happy to be corrected).

PP
I have seen more manual V90's than 960's. Also the 3ltr manual was only available as the mk2 960 and V90
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 1st, 2019, 21:28   #9
ThePurplePanther
Member at Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I have seen more manual V90's than 960's. Also the 3ltr manual was only available as the mk2 960 and V90
Have to keep my eye open then - i've never seen a manual v90!

The game is afoot...!
ThePurplePanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 14:08   #10
Ajdude321

Default 960.

HI
I have a 1995 960 mk2 3.0 auto i am willing to part with, ive had it only a few months, it was a family friends who has owned it since 1996 and when it failed its mot this year, they decided they wanted to scrap it.
However, they offered it to me first, so i accepted it as i didnt want to see it gone to the scrap man.
i have plenty of other cars which i am far to busy with doing so the 960 has taken a back seat.
the 960 has 137k on the clock and plenty of paperwork to go with it, the timing belt has been done at 130k which is good it has lived in spain most of its life at my friends holiday home. although he has had it for a long time i cant say cosmetically it has been looked after particularly well, the inside has faded from the beating sun and has plenty of scuffs on the bumpers but no major dents or anything. but its pretty much been mechanically looked after well.
Most of the work for the mot has been done, welding on the battery tray, power steering pump replaced.
currently does not have an MOT but looking to get it through one as soon as i have time. REGISTRATION M712OBE
thanks
alastair

Last edited by Ajdude321; Jun 8th, 2019 at 14:10. Reason: forgot my name
Ajdude321 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ajdude321 For This Useful Post: