Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Very smokey on start

Views : 1655

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 26th, 2010, 16:17   #21
Old Painless

My question would be - how do you get an oil leak into a fuel system which is separate from any source of oil and is internally pressurised ?
Old Painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2010, 16:37   #22
2000S40
Volvo for life

Smoke was less today, though it's a warmer day and all.. almost not noticeable

oh, and the 'tinny' sound is gone (for now). I stripped the engine covers et al and put it all back together tight and have had no more noises.

I also discovered the battery connections were as loose as they could be, so I'm happy I found and retightened them.. it would have been dangerous to lose batt power down the M4!

Oh, and one other surprise! There was no airfilter!?! Luckily I had one and immediately fitted it. Even luckier I haven't really driven it properly yet.

Constructive day here, has to be said.

Last edited by 2000S40; Feb 26th, 2010 at 16:43.
2000S40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 00:28   #23
kalstras
Volvo for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Painless View Post
My question would be - how do you get an oil leak into a fuel system which is separate from any source of oil and is internally pressurised ?
Very good question, but becuase the answer came from a knowledgeable Volvo Mechanic, I just let it sink in as I left... f*ck knows, maybe the guy was pulling my chain yet I was thinking he actually knew :O

lol sounded good ?!
kalstras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 01:48   #24
Old Painless

I'm no mechainc to be fair. Just doesn't seem to ring true ?
Old Painless is offline   Reply With Quote