Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC 60 judder

Views : 3040

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 5th, 2016, 13:29   #21
Mikesmith181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesmith181 View Post
Just read further down the post and found you have to hold the start stop button lol, I'll go try that now. Also is there any way to clear the engine system service required symbol on the LCD screen, the orange light one isn't on. Thanks again.
I've just managed to get it on and it says engine oil level service required, does that mean it needs some out?
Mikesmith181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2016, 16:39   #22
Mikesmith181

Quote:
I've just managed to get it on and it says engine oil level service required, does that mean it needs some out?
Got a bit of an update on the judder, filled the tank on Friday and it still juddered, the following day it was good as gold, no juddering at all for the next couple of days. Yesterday I traveled to Cornwall, a 300 odd mile journey and for the first 190 miles it was fine, then stopped for a break and on leaving the services while going slightly right it judders, around the half full tank mark, also done it 3 times whilst in Cornwall, and it's drinking fuel for fun! Any ideas guys?
Old Nov 12th, 2016, 20:42   #23
Mikesmith181

Quote:
Got a bit of an update on the judder, filled the tank on Friday and it still juddered, the following day it was good as gold, no juddering at all for the next couple of days. Yesterday I traveled to Cornwall, a 300 odd mile journey and for the first 190 miles it was fine, then stopped for a break and on leaving the services while going slightly right it judders, around the half full tank mark, also done it 3 times whilst in Cornwall, and it's drinking fuel for fun! Any ideas guys?
Another quick update, full tank of fuel and it's started doing it again, pretty. Bad, but only seems to be under light throttle, so round corners or maintaining a speed. Getting really annoyed by it now, and I'm tied in a 5 6year finance deal too :-/.
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 14:22   #24
colinbos
2008 XC90 D5 SE

Mike,

Have you had the codes read using VIDA ? (i have one and Im in Formby)

I would start there first I think.

If your car is saying it needs an engine oil level service I would suspect that needs checking immediately too.
colinbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2016, 13:13   #25
Mikesmith181

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbos View Post
Mike,

Have you had the codes read using VIDA ? (i have one and Im in Formby)

I would start there first I think.

If your car is saying it needs an engine oil level service I would suspect that needs checking immediately too.
Hello Collin, not with VIDA, my local garage has a snap on reader and all they could see was a map sensor read 0 in live data when the judder occoured. Since then I've come away to Cornwall in it and it stalled when reversing and the EML has come on along with the engine system service light. The oil level is good now, but took ages to alter after I drained some out.

Would you be able to hook it up to VIDA? I'm back in southport late Thursday, when could you do it, and how much please? Thanks.
Old Nov 16th, 2016, 20:45   #26
colinbos
2008 XC90 D5 SE

Quote:
Hello Collin, not with VIDA, my local garage has a snap on reader and all they could see was a map sensor read 0 in live data when the judder occoured. Since then I've come away to Cornwall in it and it stalled when reversing and the EML has come on along with the engine system service light. The oil level is good now, but took ages to alter after I drained some out.

Would you be able to hook it up to VIDA? I'm back in southport late Thursday, when could you do it, and how much please? Thanks.

Of course we can hook it up. Theres never a charge to Forum members, we help each other. I wont be back in Liverpool until Friday night. Would Saturday do ?
Old Nov 16th, 2016, 22:02   #27
Mikesmith181

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbos View Post
Of course we can hook it up. Theres never a charge to Forum members, we help each other. I wont be back in Liverpool until Friday night. Would Saturday do ?
I can do Saturday mate? What time is good and where snouts are you?
Old Nov 18th, 2016, 08:46   #28
colinbos
2008 XC90 D5 SE

Quote:
I can do Saturday mate? What time is good and where snouts are you?

Ive Pm'd you Mike with my details.
Old Nov 20th, 2016, 15:03   #29
Mikesmith181

Quote:
Morning all, got in my car yesterday and as soon as I set off it judders, thinking it was me still half asleep thought nothing of it, but it did it again in gear holding a constant speed, let off the gas and it stopped, it's done it a couple of times.

A bit of recent history of the car, the engine system service warning came up on the dash and it turned out to be the DPF so they put 2 bottles of forte DPF cleaner in the tank (just under half a tank full) and put it on a regeneration cycle. The car already had 2 cans of BG 244 in it from when the tank was filled, not sure if the 2 chemicals could have reacted and melted a seal or something? The judder started I think 2 days after the DPF cleaner went in.

No management lights are on and it runs perfect on tick over, I was thinking maybe an air leak or the air flow meter, but not sure.

Thanks in advance guys.
I have started a second thread in the diesel section of the forum, this is the link if anyone is suffereing with the same issues.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...20#post2198020
Old May 23rd, 2018, 23:54   #30
Dileas

Default I guess this is a common thing then..

Just got a 2010 V50 2 litre diesel, 4 cyl, 136BHP, 100k miles which judders at low engine loading, in and out of cruise control. I've ordered a MAF sensor to start with...

Oh the joy!

Dileas.
Dileas is offline   Reply With Quote