Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parts website

Views : 749

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 14th, 2018, 10:34   #1
ejenner

Default Parts website

hi guys.

Is there an online parts catalogue for Volvo? BMW have www.realoem.com which lists every single part for all BMWs, MINIs, and Rolls-Royce. Is there a Volvo equivalent?
ejenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 17:19   #2
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

I used parts for volvos before.

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com

Only disappointment I had with them was when I was being tight. I needed a dizzy cap for a 940. They had two options. The genuine one and a cheap copy. I bought the cheap copy. It didn't fit properly.

Plus side, when I've bought the actual right bits from them, they've been right. And when I've been unsure what I need, they've offered good advice.
rippedoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 17:42   #3
1monkey600

There is a website called volvoem.com which I found by accident, (basically trying to input variations of BMWOEM into google) but it is very hard to actually access on a regular basis. If you do manage to get in it is very complete allowing you input european VIN, specifying ex police vehicle, etc.
However, I don't know if it is territory restricted, or what, but occasionally while using a VPN I can get access, most other times no joy even with the VPN (just a blank page).

A better option I have found is:
https://www.online-teile.com/oem-kataloge/

You have to register ( very basic) but you get access to just about any manufacturer catalogue you can think of, not just Volvo. You can even order parts if you wanted to although the prices seem to be full dealer retail, so much cheaper to get from FRF, etc.
Andy
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 18:02   #4
ejenner

They also run www.partsforsaabs.com - I've bought thousands of pounds worth over the years.

Not what I was asking for though.

What I was wondering is if there is any website where you can type in your vin number or other specifics and then it will show you every single part available for that car.

It seems in fact that www.realoem.com are beginning to list parts for other manufacturers. They don't do Volvo specifically but seem to have a cross-ref doc for Volvo. Unfortunately it seems to be a work in progress so won't help me today. http://www.realoem.com/cat_spares/

Here's an example of what they do for Rolls Royce. You can drill right into every area of the car and see exactly which parts are available.

rolls_royce.jpg
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 19:34   #5
1monkey600

Once you create an account and log in to the website linked above:

here is the equivalent page to your rolls royce one but for a 2015 D40 FWD xc70 (2.0 ltr 4 pot). Plus a random interior trim one

Admittedly not the best printable layout but online it is not a problem - you just scroll down through the parts list on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0247.jpg (88.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0248.jpg (91.5 KB, 4 views)
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 19:38   #6
1monkey600

Tell me what you are looking in for and I can see if I can dig out that page for you.

It works just just like the dealer ones - you can drill down through a written list or you can select pictures and select what you want with microfiche type pictograms.
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 19:53   #7
1monkey600

Out of interest I have found a page for RR Phantom as well. Not as good as the volvo one as there is no cross refernce between part numbers and diagram, but still there. Once again you can't see all the part numbers at the same time - you have to scroll down the list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0249.jpg (120.2 KB, 3 views)
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 16:55   #8
ejenner

I'm interested in the two gearbox sensors on the 2003 C70 2.0t automatic.

...But I bought the car so there are likely to be further queries in the future.
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 20:13   #9
1monkey600

Best if you open up your own account then. If i remember correctly you just need to input a name and an e-mail address and password.

Just found this page for you but not certain if it is correct vehicle or not
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0250.jpg (123.1 KB, 8 views)