Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General > S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Odd noise following a service....

Views : 731

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 17th, 2022, 09:56   #1
Bamford24
V90 R Design 2018

Exclamation Odd noise following a service....

This is my first post since joining the community. Thanks for all the guidance so far from reading other people's posts! 🙄

Well...I took my Volvo V90 R Design 2.0 Estate (53k miles) for it's 4 year service at the main dealer where I bought the car. The technician found a slight leak on the EGR to turbo pipe. I duly paid for it's replacement and received the car back.

On driving the car the next day, I went over a speed bump (less than 5mph) and there was a sharp metallic sound from the mid part of the engine..😞. Initially I thought it was the speed bump itself and thought nothing more... Later I went over another bump and the same thing happened... 😣. I took the car back, the next day, to the main dealer and explained the problem. We went out in the car and I demonstrated the sound I could hear. The car was left with the dealer for them to have a look at and I was given a V60 Recharge (nice!).

Next day I went back. The Service Manager said that they had not been able to recreate the fault and all appeared as it should. As a precaution the technician had looked all over the car but could not find any problems... I took the technician out in the vehicle 🚘 and, as they had confirmed, the car was as solid as it was prior to the service and work carried out 😐.

The Service Manager described that the springs had adjusted whilst being lifted on the ramp and now, having been lifted again, had reset? I am not sure how plausible this is? Or if anyone has experienced the same thing? In the last 24yrs of having a car I have never heard of this🙄. Anyone got any advice??🙂

Last edited by Bamford24; Apr 17th, 2022 at 10:31.
Bamford24 is offline   Reply With Quote