Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Camshaft Position Sensor Wiring Problem

Views : 4934

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2019, 17:03   #11
ampy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnxc90 View Post
I thought I would post up the final solution to this in case it helps someone in the future. The XC90 D5 has only one cam-shaft position sensor. I think the reference to two must be for a different engine. Even though the terminals looked in good condition, this was fixed with a spray of WD40 Contact Cleaner on the contacts of the electrical connector at the cam-sensor, an easy fix!
I just read this post and was going to say that engine only has an exhaust cam sensor but when I saw the date it did not seem worth while.
It is always good when people let other members know what the cure was sio I gave you a thinks for posting it.
ampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2019, 07:12   #12
abnxc90

Hi, thanks for the thanks but unfortunately, the problem did return. I think the wiring goes directly from the sensor to the ecu so I also removed the ecu to look at and clean the terminals there. They were in perfect condition and the problem remains.
abnxc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2019, 17:38   #13
gari8aldi

Default Where is the camshaft position sensor on the xc90 d5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnxc90 View Post
I thought I would post up the final solution to this in case it helps someone in the future. The XC90 D5 has only one cam-shaft position sensor. I think the reference to two must be for a different engine. Even though the terminals looked in good condition, this was fixed with a spray of WD40 Contact Cleaner on the contacts of the electrical connector at the cam-sensor, an easy fix!
Hello, could you give some indication on where exactly the camshaft position sensor is to be found?

Cheers
gari8aldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 15:13   #14
gari8aldi

Default Camshaft sensor on D5244T18

Found it !

http://oriparts.com/37/242/1492/471109
gari8aldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 05:41   #15
Sergiopad
Sergiopad

Hello everyone, does any of you have the wiring diagram of the camshaft sensors? They are two three-wire sensors. I have problems with my 2004 XC90 it does not start, there is no pulse in the injectors, there is spark in the spark plugs.
Sergiopad is offline   Reply With Quote