Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 boot guard screen parts

Views : 451

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 18th, 2018, 16:46   #1
niallj2000

Default V40 boot guard screen parts

Hi all, a new Volvo V40 T4 owner here. Got my first ever Volvo a few weeks ago and love it.

I'm trying to source some parts for fitting the boot dog screen, the fabric mesh one. I didn't realise when I got the car that fitting it would become a bit of a headache. I've tried Volvo Spares and they have some of the brackets and screws etc to do the install but not all of them as they are obsolete. My car never had a screen fitted from the factory so it hasn't got the brackets and trim covers in the headliner or the additional bottom parts that attach at the bottom. Does anyone have any of the bits I'm after? I've tried a few breakers yards but haven't had any luck yet. Cheers in advance!
niallj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2018, 19:20   #2
gatos
Premier Member

Do you have the cream or the light grey interior. I think I have most of the brackets needed, if not all, depending on colour

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2018, 19:31   #3
niallj2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Do you have the cream or the light grey interior. I think I have most of the brackets needed, if not all, depending on colour
That sounds promising! The headliner is a light colour in mine, think its cream. How much are you looking for all the bits?
Old Oct 19th, 2018, 23:58   #4
gatos
Premier Member

Here you go: If you look at the bottom of the first picture and on the second picture, I have both colours for the brackets that are fitted just behind the seats. So if your boot colour is beige, then you need the beige mounts, and if it is the dark grey one, you need the dark ones. The bits that go to the roof, are at the top of the photo and they are the cream/light beige ones. Is £25 including postage reasonable? If yes let me know and we can discuss it on Sunday, as I am out all day tomorrow

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181019_224535.jpg (301.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181019_224549.jpg (192.1 KB, 68 views)

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 20th, 2018, 00:18   #5
canis
Non Fragile

My T4 has these. I'd love to get rid of them, since I don't own either the guard or a dog. I was thinking of putting some courtesy lights in them.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 12:39   #6
MuscleFlex

Quote:
Here you go: If you look at the bottom of the first picture and on the second picture, I have both colours for the brackets that are fitted just behind the seats. So if your boot colour is beige, then you need the beige mounts, and if it is the dark grey one, you need the dark ones. The bits that go to the roof, are at the top of the photo and they are the cream/light beige ones. Is £25 including postage reasonable? If yes let me know and we can discuss it on Sunday, as I am out all day tomorrow

Oh I thought these were for hanging a rail for coats and stuff. My V40 has them as well
MuscleFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 15:49   #7
niallj2000

Smile

Quote:

Just back in front of the computer after the weekend... perfect those are the bits I need! My seats are a dark grey so the bottom plastic brackets in black would suit. And the top ones in beige/cream look good as well. £25 is good with me. Can you drop me a PM and we can sort the details? Cheers
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 23:11   #8
Worms

If anyone is looking for the actual grill/mesh etc - ie all the bits that fit with the stuff above - i’ve got one still in its original bag. I no longer have the car and never used the grill. It’s slightly rust stained, from a leaky boot-well, but that would probably clean up. If anyone is interested let me know and I can lay it all out and post some pics.
Worms is offline   Reply With Quote