Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 awd

Views : 557

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2020, 19:34   #1
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Default V70 awd

If the awd system is disconnected or inoperative on a '98 Volvo v70 awd, does this cause any ongoing problems or will it run fine in fwd?
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2020, 19:53   #2
VerdeV70

I believe not. Some parts of the world, like where I am do this change often as the AWD isn't generally needed (why buy AWD in the first place if you ask me). Whilst I don't have an AWD (standard FWD for me) I have a friend who does have an AWD with this "mod" and he hasn't had any issues with it at all. His does have the ability to be reconnected at any time though.
Hope that helps
VerdeV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2020, 20:07   #3
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Thanks, am looking at an old estate car and I just want to know what am getting into if it already is innoperative or becomes that way
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2020, 07:55   #4
amazondean
amazondean

Although I now have two early cross country's, I wouldn't bother if you aren't interested in the four wheel drive. They are far more complicated than the standard cars , especially at the back with the independent suspension set up. The exhaust is also more complicated and expensive to replace.

I think they should be left to the people who really want four wheel drive as it will eventually break your bank or your heart. I just love the look of the cross country though!!
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2020, 15:24   #5
VerdeV70

I would have to agree. My standard V70 is ace! Always look forward to driving it.

There are also many other parts which are specific to the cross country and not the standard ones making them very difficult to source for as well.

Like the good gentleman says unless you really need the 4x4 don't bother and go for a standard one.
VerdeV70 is offline   Reply With Quote