Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 2.0D running issue

Views : 1284

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:11   #1
Baker3570

Default V50 2.0D running issue

Hi I'm hoping someone could help or point me in the right direction.

I've been out in the car yesterday and around 2k rpm and up to 3k rpm the car feels like it has a slight missfire (hard to explain) it feels its struggling but not too much that it will cut out or loses power mainly noticed it in 3rd up to 5th gear if this helps and also after driving I stopped with it running and I'd say after 10 seconds the tick over it feels like the above? Like lumpy... Does this sound like something serious... Other than this it drives fine sets off fine and if you keep your foot down abit changing gears the issue doesn't happen only when driving at them revs really hard to explain so sorry if this is confusing haha
Baker3570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2020, 18:24   #2
Baker3570

So and update to the above issue today I was driving and came to a junction set off and give it a little bit 2nd to 3rd then all of a sudden it juddered badly then lost all power and this light came on.. Switched it off and scanned it with a handheld scanner and nothing came up started up and light still showing drove for half a mile all went off and boost / power came back. Also I csn hear like a whistle type of sound when turbo kicks in then it goes.... Anyone have an idea what this could be
Old May 31st, 2020, 19:43   #3
rowdy

When was the fuel filter last replaced?
Had an issue with mine once where flooring it in 2nd/3rd gear put it in limp mode with loss of power and engine system service warning message on dash.
Changed the fuel filter and all was fine again, but system needs bleeding when changing fuel filter or it won't run at all.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2020, 21:53   #4
ukojesita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker3570 View Post
So and update to the above issue today I was driving and came to a junction set off and give it a little bit 2nd to 3rd then all of a sudden it juddered badly then lost all power and this light came on.. Switched it off and scanned it with a handheld scanner and nothing came up started up and light still showing drove for half a mile all went off and boost / power came back. Also I csn hear like a whistle type of sound when turbo kicks in then it goes.... Anyone have an idea what this could be
Whistling sound could be a split hose between the turbo and the intercooler or/and the intercooler and the throttle body.
ukojesita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2020, 22:30   #5
Baker3570

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
When was the fuel filter last replaced?
Had an issue with mine once where flooring it in 2nd/3rd gear put it in limp mode with loss of power and engine system service warning message on dash.
Changed the fuel filter and all was fine again, but system needs bleeding when changing fuel filter or it won't run at all.

I'll double check the service history as only got it in March I've covered 300niles in it meant to have full service history too I might book it in and have this done
Old May 31st, 2020, 22:31   #6
Baker3570

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukojesita View Post
Whistling sound could be a split hose between the turbo and the intercooler or/and the intercooler and the throttle body.
I was going to look at these but engine was too hot from our journey... Where do these pipes run so I know what I'm looking for

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 00:35   #7
ukojesita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker3570 View Post
I was going to look at these but engine was too hot from our journey... Where do these pipes run so I know what I'm looking for

Thanks
The largest diameter thick-walled rubber hoses at the bottom of the picture (the intercooler is at the front of the vehicle, below the radiator).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (157.2 KB, 38 views)
ukojesita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 02:02   #8
Baker3570

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukojesita View Post
The largest diameter thick-walled rubber hoses at the bottom of the picture (the intercooler is at the front of the vehicle, below the radiator).

Spot on thank you
Old Jun 4th, 2020, 09:50   #9
KevMan2015

Hi baker3570, I too have this ‘misfire at that rev range, I don’t have whistle noise from turbo though, please post back if you manage to fix. Thanks.
KevMan2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2020, 07:15   #10
Baker3570

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMan2015 View Post
Hi baker3570, I too have this ‘misfire at that rev range, I don’t have whistle noise from turbo though, please post back if you manage to fix. Thanks.
I've got it booked in the garage Monday so if they find anything I will post on here mate
The Following User Says Thank You to Baker3570 For This Useful Post: