Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Beating Brexit Day - 31 Oct 2019

Views : 5256

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2019, 22:41   #61
finnster

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
This happened to me (in a possitively good way) I ordered my XC90 early 2016, shortly after, I received a call to say delivery will be delayed as the factory had closed down for two weeks to change over to the 2017 MY models and the new 2017 model prices had increased slightly.
The good news was that as well as getting the newer 2017 MY D5 powerpulse engined vehicle the price to me had reduced as some of my optional extras were now standard on the 2017 model and the overall cost of my car had reduced.
The price increase of the 2017 model was to be passed on if I agreed with the new order,
(I could have cancelled the order) but the optional extras which were now standard more than offset this. A new sales invoice was made out to reflect the changes which if I was not happy with I need not have signed.
So I was able to add a few more optional extras to my car without increasing the intial cost to me.
I ordered a V60 in August, whilst trawling the Volvo configurator I noticed that the price has increased slightly (about £400)

I am due to get delivery next month, would that price increase be passed on to me or would they have to honour the price I ordered it at?

They have already guaranteed the price in case of an increase in case of Brexit however I wonder if this might be a way to get a bit more cash out of me?

The increase is not going to make me cancel my order - however I would rather not pay more if I don't have to
finnster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 07:52   #62
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Your dealer is the only one who can really answer this question but I would think this increase would be unlikely to be passed on to you.
In my case the model year changed and the car was basically a new updated model, I signed a new order form to reflect this and omitting the optional extras that were then made standard.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 21:20   #63
finnster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Your dealer is the only one who can really answer this question but I would think this increase would be unlikely to be passed on to you.
In my case the model year changed and the car was basically a new updated model, I signed a new order form to reflect this and omitting the optional extras that were then made standard.
Thats what I hoped, I am not even going to raise the issue with them and see what happens when I pick the car up, I think they have to give me 14 days notice of a price increase so here's hoping!
finnster is online now   Reply With Quote