Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1965 volvo 121 2-door and 2-tone For Sale

Views : 3370

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 16th, 2014, 01:21   #11
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLincolnshire View Post
Robert/Tony

Has this car gone or is it still for sale?

Thanks

David
Hi Ya David

Atm the car is still forsale We have a few people intrested in the car but no deposit taken yet or deal done so its here for anyone to view or phone Tony on the contact info above to chat further ....

kind regards
robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2014, 21:13   #12
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Hi Ya Folks

just a quick update to let everyone know now the car has been sold hopefully the new owner will post on the forum in due course

but never fear there is always more on the horizon feel free to contact me

kind regards
robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 10:26   #13
Everiss

Hi

I'm interested in trying a Volvo Amazon as my next car. I would be using the car as a daily drive and the occasional trip to Switzerland (10,000 miles per year), so am looking for something which isn't pristine, so i don't have to worry about it, but reliable enough to make the journey. Is it realistic to expect an old Amazon to meet this requirement. I've had older cars before but they weren't capable of day to day reliability so went back to late 1990's cars or newer. But I miss the relationship you build with an older vehicle.

As you seem to know the Amazon well I thought I would ask you. Also what do you think I might have to pay for one which gets through its MOT without welding work?

Richard Everiss
Everiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 11:23   #14
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everiss View Post
Hi

I'm interested in trying a Volvo Amazon as my next car. I would be using the car as a daily drive and the occasional trip to Switzerland (10,000 miles per year), so am looking for something which isn't pristine, so i don't have to worry about it, but reliable enough to make the journey. Is it realistic to expect an old Amazon to meet this requirement. I've had older cars before but they weren't capable of day to day reliability so went back to late 1990's cars or newer. But I miss the relationship you build with an older vehicle.

As you seem to know the Amazon well I thought I would ask you. Also what do you think I might have to pay for one which gets through its MOT without welding work?

Richard Everiss
Hi ya Richard

An amazon in good working order becomes a very nice daily driver if you do long journeys or motorway driving I highly recommend a overdrive fitted , that makes it so much smother at high speed .
Your more than welcome to pop over to me for a look round some amazons to give you an idea also I can show areas where to look for bad spots.
Also read a buyers guide it will also highlight what to look for in an amazon

Feel free to contact me
Kind regards
Robert

http://www.phoenix-classic-restorations.co.uk

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Dec 30th, 2014 at 12:30.
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 13:05   #15
Gary Byrne

Hi Richard. Robert is right an Amazon is the ideal everyday classic car. I use a 1967 Amazon as my daily driver, it is totally reliable, is reasonably economical, easy to maintain and repair with great parts availability. Most of all, Amazon's have great performance and will not embarrass you mixing with modern traffic. I agree an overdrive is an absolute must as it makes motorway driving a doddle plus fit a brake servo and inertia reel seat belts. I'd also suggest twin carbs would be a good idea. I've driven my 131 to Germany three times, on one occasion on the spur of the moment. I've owned it 18 years and though I've racked up a fair few miles in it it's never let me down.
Gary Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Byrne For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 18:28   #16
Everiss

Thanks Robert and Gary.

I'm feeling confident about this. I'll try to fix a visit see what you have and learn a little more.

As I spend quite a lot of time in Switzerland, with my wife and daughters, I'm wondering if LHD might be better for me. Then if I end up living there full time I can import the car.

Are there many LHD's in the UK or should I be looking to find one from Sweden/Germany or somewhere else in Europe.

I notice on classic car there are a few available but they look expensive and I suspect they have been over restored to my taste of livable classics.

Richard
Everiss is offline   Reply With Quote