Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DEM-0006 and more...

Views : 3194

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2011, 14:28   #1
Metallo

Default DEM-0006 and more...

Hi all,

I have different errors on my car, which I enclose with the hope to get your valuable opinions to solve this mess.

Background

Months ago an independent Volvo mechanic reported the SAS Module to be faulty and gave me the P/N corresponding to the Lever Hub as the part to be replaced.
Two weeks ago I went to the Volvo dealer to get the Lever Hub assembled and it turned out that it is not the one creating the problem, but it is the clockspring.
Besides, they told me about the DEM error and my AWD not working properly.
Result: according to the dealer, I should change the clockspring and the DEM.

With the idea to further investigate both problems, in particular the DEM, I went back to the dealer today and asked for the error codes.
They provided me two copies, the second is supposed to put in evidence the core errors, although I see a different result for the DEM, I have attached both.

I assume the SAS and the DEM errors are not related to each-other, but you will tell me...

My main question is: How to proceed from here?
Should I try to replace the feeder pump first?
Or should I get my DEM repaired by XeMODex ?
Any suggestion where to buy the new clockspring?

I really appreciate your help and guidance, we are talking about a bunch of money here and I really do not want to throw away more than what I have already done (lever hub and labor at Volvo).

Thanks guys
Alex

NB: I posted the same question on more than one specialized Volvo forums because I really want to collect all information and converge to the best possible solution. Thank you for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DTC.pdf (227.0 KB, 20 views)
Metallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 11:15   #2
Metallo

Anybody?
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 13:12   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Right ,
The DEM code is to do with the pump on the haldex unit , and dealer will know how to test it , it needs their diagnostic equipment to activate the pump and see if it is running , if not they can apply 12volts directly to the pump via the plug in the DEM , if it doesnt run then a new pump needed , if it does run a new DEM ( £1200 )

The SAS codes:
any dealer should know that the first course of action is to do a SAS software upgrade , as per their service bulletins if they read them before charging you money! !

Hope that helps ...
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 15:07   #4
Gazdok
Master Member

Hi Metallo,

I had the same fault codes (DTCs) as you on a 2006 V70 AWD except the SAS one.
I was not happy with the £1500 repair quote and ended up replacing my AOC (Haldex clutch) with pump and pressure sensor and my DEM with a scrap yard one. It works contrary to Volvo's insistence that it would not be possible to mate a used DEM and my CEM. I did not need any software.
I am driving around with a XC70 2006 AOC, pump, pressure sensor and DEM on a 2006 V70 AWD. You need to make sure that the MY matches.

If you think it is your DEM which is faulty you can easily remove it and send it to BBA-reman who can check and fix it for little money.

Look up DEM or AOC in the search engine or check this thread:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...&highlight=dem
Gazdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 23:39   #5
Metallo

Hi,

Almost two years later, I'd like to re-open this thread and have your opinions as I can now provide more information.

I fixed the SAS errors but did not take any action on the DEM006 one.
I bought a DICE and used it for the first time yesterday, so bear with me

I believe a screenshot is clearer than a thousand words.

Well, since there is no communication between the BCM and DEM, the issue is either the pump or the DEM module.
In a previous reply in this thread, Clan mentioned Volvo can activate the pump with their diagnostic and see if it is running.

Is this something I can do with DICE?

I noticed other errors, but probably not related and I prefer to focus on the most critical one, which is the DEM.

Thank you for your help.

Alex

PS: I ran DICE on my 940 - 1997 and when it finished to read the car profile I got the message that basically says if the car is older than 1999 DICE is unable to read it.
How do the dealers do then? Is there any solution to this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (90.7 KB, 21 views)