Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 3rd row seat belt replacement

Views : 2732

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 7th, 2020, 22:26   #1
bssb71

Default XC90 3rd row seat belt replacement

2017 XC90
Need to replace a seat belt in 3rd row seats due damage to the belt, MoT failure.
Anyone had any experience doing so and particularly the associated trim removal?
bssb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 16:02   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bssb71 View Post
2017 XC90
Need to replace a seat belt in 3rd row seats due damage to the belt, MoT failure.
Anyone had any experience doing so and particularly the associated trim removal?
You might get some idea of trim removal from some of the accessory fitting instructions like the tow bar one, just pick the bits out that are relevant.
https://accessories.volvocars.com/es...)/2016?lang=en
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2020, 20:27   #3
bssb71

Job completed ..... replacement webbing for the seatbelt carried out by FDTS Seatbelts in Byfleet Surrey. Would highly recommend them for Quality and amazing Customer service, they re done the seatbelt whilst I waited.

http://www.fdts-seatbelts.co.uk/

£38.50 compared to a replacement seatbelt from Volvo £377
The Following User Says Thank You to bssb71 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 07:55   #4
Duri13

I do not know...Are these safety features something it's worth saving money at?
10% of Volvo price is a big cut. But I understand the temptation, 370 sounds like a rip-off.
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 22:16   #5
bssb71

No compromise in safety! These guys make seat belts and safety harnesses and fully certified. Been around since the 60’s well established and highly regarded. No hesitation in using them for any vehicle.

Last edited by bssb71; Jul 10th, 2020 at 23:35.
The Following User Says Thank You to bssb71 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 22:49   #6
boombox

Quote:
Replacement webbing for the seatbelt carried out by FDTS Seatbelts in Byfleet Surrey. £38.50 compared to a replacement seatbelt from Volvo £377
This sounds great. Can I just query whether I can use the car whilst the third row seatbelts are out or if it will cause all kinds of problems to do so?! In an ideal world I'd take the 3rd row seatbelts out, send them off for new webbing, be able to use the car in the interim, refit them when they arrive back - and crucially - not suffer any annoying lingering warning messages in the dash?!
Thanks!
boombox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2021, 09:48   #7
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
This sounds great. Can I just query whether I can use the car whilst the third row seatbelts are out or if it will cause all kinds of problems to do so?! In an ideal world I'd take the 3rd row seatbelts out, send them off for new webbing, be able to use the car in the interim, refit them when they arrive back - and crucially - not suffer any annoying lingering warning messages in the dash?!
Thanks!
Noticed you are in Leeds. There is a company in Rotherham that do seatbelt replacements, only a quick blast down the M1 for you. They can do a fit while you wait service, could be worth considering.

Air Bag Team Ltd, Rotherham, 01709 257357

p.s. Ask about a bit of discount for V.O.C. members.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 5th, 2021, 10:28   #8
boombox

Thanks Skippy. I rang and they've quoted £195 to remove, replace belt and refit for both sides of the 3rd row. No VOC discount to be had.
Apart from the lack of a discount, is that about where you'd expect it to be, price wise?
Thanks again
boombox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2021, 12:33   #9
skippyfox
VOC Member

Yep that's not far of the mark price wise. If memory serves me ,when I was toying around with changing the colour of the belts, it came in at about £60 per belt if I had all 5 on my V90 done.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 6th, 2021, 08:16   #10
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
2017 XC90
How the the damage come about? I ask because I’ve noticed the rear pull out parcel shelf guide pins used to pinch the belts and stretch the webbing on occasions.

The way the 3rd row belts hang and get in the way is a design flaw, I was hoping they would have sorted on the latest MY but not it seems.

We had a picasso once and that had really neat clips to hold unused 3rd row belts out of the way
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote