Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DVD changer screen system

Views : 584

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 8th, 2020, 08:24   #1
Timmy1981

Default DVD changer screen system

Hi all
I’m looking for some help I have the whole head rest screen system with the 10 disc dvd changer and loom. I need help with wiring it in as I’m fitting it to a V70 I have four free cables one purple one yellow and two black. I know the two black are earths but I’m looking at ware do the purple and yellow ones connect to ? And am I missing anything else? The kit came with everything bar the headphones.

Hope someone can help

Tim
Timmy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 11:08   #2
SwissXC90
Premier Member

That will undoubtedly be permanent 12V, and switched 12V

Purple is likely permanent 12V
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 18:03   #3
Timmy1981

Thanks for that I’ll have a play and see what I can make up.
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 03:03   #4
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, I have the same system.

You may find the headphones an issue. The transmitter are the saucer shaped units, one on the back of the dvd player and the other mounted on a chassis with the power relay and adapter box.

The system is pretty simple as it does not use anything other from your Volvo that a power supply.

I suspect one wire is the permanent live and the other will be switched by the ignition. I say this because you can eject the DVDs with ignition off. However, if you are playing a dvd and turn off the ignition, the dvd will stop an do power down. I hope this make as sense.

I do have all manuals in ludinv installation guide which I can copy for you if you pm me.

These were kindly supplied to me by another forum member.

I hope this helps

Last edited by john langrick; Jul 10th, 2020 at 03:08.
john langrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 23:44   #5
Timmy1981

Hi John
Sadly I can't PM you I haven't got enough posts but that would be amazing, I'm thinking of ditching the wireless headphones as i haven't got any and maybe making them hard wired or blue tooth. You could send them to t1m81@waitrose.com

Thanks again

Tim
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 07:27   #6
john langrick
Master Member

Hi,

Will scan this weekend and send. You will have noted that on the adapter, it has phono sockets as output, I am sure that could easily be connected to Bluetooth.

I do have five of the headphones that came with my car, but the headphone 'cushions' are rotting with age. Also they take 2 aa batteries which run flat if the headphones are left switched on... Which they invariably are.

Cheers
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 08:09   #7
Timmy1981

Hello

Thank you again That would be amazing.

Tim
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 08:39   #8
john langrick
Master Member

Hi Tommy

Started o read the 'manuals' and there appears to be only a general installation guide as if the unit were free standing in a domestic environment., Nothing about wiring to a car.

Most therefore is bumph, but sending you the salient pages rather than all the docs.

This inckudes the quick reference guide, what there is of an installation guide and diagram of components.

I also send pages from the wireless headphone manual.

I can have a look at my wiring if it helps further.

John l
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 15:54   #9
john langrick
Master Member

Hi. I lifted my unit out and checked voltages. The yellow is permanent live, the purple is switched by the ignition.

If you simply connect the yellow wire, the player unit will eject the cartridge if you press the eject button (under the flap). When you push the cartridge back, you will hear it trying to initialise all 10 dvds in turn.

Mine are wired from fuses in the rear electronic module situated behind the nearside rear wheel arch.

The unit itself sits in a well below this module.

Good luck.

Cheers John l

Last edited by john langrick; Jul 13th, 2020 at 16:15.
The Following User Says Thank You to john langrick For This Useful Post: