Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Software update after service

Views : 4119

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2020, 13:02   #1
Liandada

Default Software update after service

Just did my service by Volvo west London yesterday. I have been told the software has been updated to the latest version. However I was expecting to to see the stop start icon change from ''Ready'' to the green symbol? Also were the older XC60 does not get connected safety after update?

Am i missing something?

XC60 2018 Insciption Pro D4 18 plate
Liandada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 14:23   #2
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Yep that should be there, would complain to dealer. Mine had its last service in December and the icon change then
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 15:17   #3
ccfcforever1987
VOC Member

Definately a word with the dealer required. My V60 went in on the 15th May for its first service and I have the new icon.
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 17:15   #4
techwatcher
Master Member

The green stop/start symbol and the Connected Safety were part of the update released back in April 2019 (last year!).

Either they haven't updated the software or they have and there's been a problem with the update.

Time for a conversation with the dealer.
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 17:39   #5
familymangreg
Premier Member

Yes, because you can't see a software version number or date anywhere, it always makes me a little nervous that they don't do the software update. I think if you've not reported any problems, they'll often skip it if they run out of time.

I had a 3rd service last May and didn't get the new stop/start symbol. It was only a short time after that update, so I didn't pursue, assuming it could have been down to the update not trickling through the system yet.

My car came back from its 4th service yesterday and I'm now seeing the new symbol.

Image attached taken in my car yesterday evening.

Let us know what your dealer says.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5366.jpg (65.7 KB, 191 views)
Old Jun 10th, 2020, 11:25   #6
daverey

Mine's had its first year service today - not been in the garage since i bought it in April last year, and I can confirm that the "READY" text at the base of the rev counter now has the "A" in a circle logo, so I must have had the update
Old Jun 10th, 2020, 15:37   #7
krzemien

Let us know what excuse they pushed towards you - I can think about the few I've personally heard myself but I'm curious whether they refreshed the repertoire.
Old Jun 10th, 2020, 20:37   #8
NikoBurton

I had the exact same issue with my car, the dealer insisted they had installed the software update so I raised it with Volvo UK and received the following response (needless to say the dealer swiftly apologised and pulled out all the stops to get the software updated):

“I can confirm that there was no software loaded to this car in October.

The last software download to this car was on the 19th of March of this year.

Only app updates were carried out in October.

No software was ordered after the 19th of march for this car so the dealer have not been truthful with the customer.

There are also no diagnostic readouts showing on the system after the 19th of March of this year which indicates that no attempt to load software was made.

The customer is correct in saying that the start/stop icon should be the latest version and the car should have the connected safety Icon in the menu also.

Hopefully this is of help.”
NikoBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NikoBurton For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 08:25   #9
krzemien

I own Garmin ecoRoute HD unit - glorious Bluetooth-enabled OBD2 reader - that I have connected to diagnostics port at all times and use with my Garmin SatNav.
I actually do know if dealer has connected anything to this port and diagnosed/updated software: I can tell that it's been the case every time my car has been serviced as ecoRoute needs to be re-paired to my SatNav unit afterwards.
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 09:54   #10
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBurton View Post
I had the exact same issue with my car, the dealer insisted they had installed the software update so I raised it with Volvo UK and received the following response (needless to say the dealer swiftly apologised and pulled out all the stops to get the software updated):

“I can confirm that there was no software loaded to this car in October.

The last software download to this car was on the 19th of March of this year.

Only app updates were carried out in October.

No software was ordered after the 19th of march for this car so the dealer have not been truthful with the customer.

There are also no diagnostic readouts showing on the system after the 19th of March of this year which indicates that no attempt to load software was made.

The customer is correct in saying that the start/stop icon should be the latest version and the car should have the connected safety Icon in the menu also.

Hopefully this is of help.”
Refreshingly honest from Volvo, dropped their dealer right in it!

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post: